1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New here

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by KrmGrn, Nov 14, 2014.

1. KrmGrn

KrmGrn Fapstronaut

Good to find a community like this. I've been addicted since I was 12. And now I'm well into my 30s and need to get serious about changing. I've gone without for a week or so a few times in my life but that's about it. Boredom, loneliness, being home alone or being awake in the middle of the night are all triggers. It does get in the way of my relationships. I'm in a relationship now and it definitely takes away from my desire for my girlfriend. Sometimes I feel like I can't change because my habits are so firmly engrained over many years, but seeing the success stories here definitely give me hope.

2. TeddyBear

TeddyBear Guest

Be proud of yourself for taking the first big step! Don't convince yourself that you can't do this, but also realize you may relapse more than once ... perhaps MANY times. You are human, after all. But try and go for as long as you possibly can between relapses and don't feel ashamed when it happens.

3. KrmGrn

KrmGrn Fapstronaut