New Hobbies? Interests? Things to do?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FailingForward, Jan 16, 2020.

1. FailingForward

FailingForward Fapstronaut

Man,

normal life I so busy I feel like I want to do something refreshing but I don’t know. I’m already caught up w school, lifting, and baseball. But, I don’t want to put tome into video games and become addicted to that. I want something refreshing. Any cool ideas out there?

2. FoamRoller

FoamRoller Fapstronaut

photography & exploring, hunting & bowfishing, camping & going on road trips, horseriding, Cooking new recipes from a recommended cook book, Stand-up commedy, reading non-fiction.

3. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Reading, learning a language, learning an instrument, walking.

4. BecomeMaster

BecomeMaster Fapstronaut

Learn a language, learn to program, learn how to use a Linux system (with the command-line, even if it's boring at first.) Learn how to do random things on a Linux system like use two mouse cursors at once, etc.
    Maybe start a blog, write, or study things that interest you, independently of school.

Even better than videogames is a good, educational podcast that you can listen to. I'm still looking for one but I like to cherry-pick JRE episodes that sound interesting (read the episode descriptions to tell whether or not you might like it.)

5. Stabilo Boss

Stabilo Boss Fapstronaut

I have started reading it’s not as bad now as I remember when I was really young.

BecomeMaster likes this.
  6. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

Learning a language is very nice. Especially when you met language partners. It's a good way to view the world under a different light. Also it's nice on the resume.

Beside that if you like drawing but don't have much imagination you could try penmanship. People with a beautiful handwriting are really rare.

If you like tech things you could buy an arduino kit and start building some projects. Like for fun I created a simple chip to check the room temperature and enable the AC by IR and now I'm creating an alarm system with a digicode. It goes beyond a simple virtual program so it's more rewarding when you succeed.

BecomeMaster likes this.
  7. FollowYourBeard

FollowYourBeard Fapstronaut

I started lately anal breathing technics which is different than farting, that allows you to sing better and longer.

:p

8. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

Any activity preferably away from last home: sports, hiking, running, skiing (if there’s snow), skating ( if there’s no snow), reading at a library, card shops, anything really

9. Ineedthisbazz

Ineedthisbazz Fapstronaut

Grepling
    Kikboxing
    Boxing
    Mhay tai
    I met on grepling most intresting friends in my life

10. Ineedthisbazz

Ineedthisbazz Fapstronaut

Martial arts for my is like gaming
    Some people is on some level
    You get better, you see thats is level in this gams
    I have similar mindest in for exemlpe grepling like i had when i played DOTA