1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New in here

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by bludknight, Sep 22, 2013.

1. bludknight

bludknight Fapstronaut

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself to NoFap and try to start a goal for myself of at least 30 days without fapping, and if I can reach that goal, go to 90 days.

It's been I think two and a half hours since I fapped for the last time. My usual habits are 1-3 (mostly being 1) faps per day (PMO masturbation).

I want to quit fapping and try to regain control over my life. I know this isn't my most important problem to deal with (that would be mild depression), but it certainly gets in the way whenever I try to address my depression issue, because whenever I'm alone in my apartment and try to get my life back in track I just go and repeat the same PMO pattern (if not that, I would procrastinate on YouTube, Netflix, etc) and so lose another day of my life doing nothing significant.

I'm currently pursuing a career at the university but I'm not attending any classes right now and I am a little behind as where I'm supposed to be in my career (year wise).

Besides this I'm going to request an accountability partner to try to cope with this in the best possible way.

I guess that would be all for the time being, feel free to ask me anything if you want to give this post a little more context (because I'm sure the site is overflowed with posts just like this one :/), I'll try to respond if I feel comfortable with the question, that is.

P.S.: I've also poted a similar post in the subreddit page.

2. aaron92

aaron92 Fapstronaut

Hello and welcome, good luck with the challenge :)

3. nonamesamuel

nonamesamuel Fapstronaut

Hi, welcome. Your depression could very well be tied to pmo addiction, so this may help you more than you expect.

From what I can tell, there actually aren't that many people here doing this, so don't feel like no one cares about your posts or is interested in reading them. Actually I think most of us are just thankful to have something to look at to keep our minds off pmo.

I look forward to reading about your journey. Good luck bro.

4. bludknight

bludknight Fapstronaut

Thanks for the comments!

nonamesamuel: My depression problem is not tied to PMO adicction in my case BUT PMO has affected me in a very harmful way, because most of the days I did nothing more than procrastinate in my computer and eventually PMO wasting my days in that way, doing really nothing and felling like crap :/. I have stared a journal and will be updating it everyday before going to bed.