1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New me.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Hello dear forum users, it's Bragi here.
    Writting as I eat and think about everything. Every engine needs some fuel or something else that starts it and lets it work. So do humans. But it's not even food or water. It's philosophy. Fuel for soul, cause it lets you feel on track, it won't allow you feel lost in life. And I know what I want when it comes to philosophy. Stoicism.
    Not gonna go deeper into details on it. Just google it, but the idea is simple. Don't spend your time and energy on worrying about things you can't change. Money, car, fame etc can be in your life, but it's not main focus. Be happy. Just learn to get away from negative emotions. Simple example is something I heard on "The Art Of Manliness" podcast on stoicism. Guest talked about making relationships better. Not gonna remember precisely but idea is same. "Imagine some of your relatives/friends dead. Just imagine that they are not alive anymore (not now but like at some point) and now just enjoy moments with them while they are still alive"
    Imagination is not one of the beautiful ones, but the idea is cool. It really makes you happier to have these friends and relatives.

But okay, I'm drifting away. What I really want from life is simple life. And I want to combine stoicism with it.

Minimalism.

I love nature - animals, trees, mountains, forests, oceans, seas etc. I love music and I love art. That's what matters to me. I see more sense in climbing high mountain than getting ferarri for free. I want to live with wife, kids and animals. Always chill, never judge somebody. Have a musical instument and just be harmless. I'm tired of my anger. Tired of judging others. Tired of my own shit. And I need help.

What should I do? Where should I start? I love idea of never judging anyone and being as calm as an Native American. I really really want to change. Wise minds, please help :)

2. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

You sound like a smart dude. You probably aren't going to get much from random dudes commenting here suggesting specific things, so I think you should learn to set your own goals. Right now you have an idea of the future, a vision. You have something very general to work towards, but it will be easier if you set concrete goals. This is hard to do if your goal is to have a certain mindset, rather than a set of behaviours. I think the best thing to do is to set goals for behaviours that will cultivate the mindset you are looking for. For example, start meditating so you can be concious of when you are judging others and stop. Walk and talk slower to you feel calmer. Look at areas you want to live that are near nature. Think of how you can make money from music and art without taking the joy out of them.

Enulv likes this.