1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New member, any advice welcome

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Joe M.

Joe M. Fapstronaut

Today I decided to get serious about my recovery. This journey has been attempted so many times, it is time to up the commitment. I cannot be my best for God with this ailment lingering.

Any advice or suggestions as I begin Day One of hard mode?

Romans 8:5-6
    Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

Toni7 likes this.
  2. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Welcome! God give you power to win!

My best advice: cultivate abiding in Christ. Know Him!

Toni7 and Joe M. like this.
  3. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Read your bible and pray every day even when you don't feel like it!

Vicit_fidem, Toni7, Iohannes and 3 others like this.
  4. Welcome! Be sure to check out the Information tab on the main group page. Lots of helpful resources there. And consider identifying an AP or three via this site and start checking in with them every day.

Toni7 likes this.
  5. Joe M.

Joe M. Fapstronaut

Thanks for the advice!

Toni7 likes this.
  6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I find the greatest success in this struggle when I rigorously apply two tactics. (1) Pray to the Father, at least every morning, with thanks for His incredible generosity and mercy and a request to fill my heart with His love. (2) Recognize the three stages of temptation as discerned by St. Augustine and stop myself from going beyond Stage 1. This is not always easy but it is the only way to reprogram the brain, take up a new and pure life and leave the old one behind.

Toni7 likes this.
  7. MexFighter

MexFighter Fapstronaut

Hi, welcome..
    I think is great you're trying to fight by your own but NO ADDICT to any drug has ever gotten sober alone. NO ONE. In fact confession, accountability, sponsorship, AP is the foundation of AA (The 12 steps) so my best advice is confession...
    God has made His part already.. now is our turn to start healing!

Vicit_fidem, Tao Jones and Toni7 like this.
  8. Daily spiritual disciplines help release the power of God through his spirit to work in your life. A daily quiet time in His word and meditation at the start of every day and intermittent times during the day have been useful to me.

Joe M. and Tao Jones like this.
  9. Also, I see you getting involved in other people’s recovery following up. This helps encourage others and helps your own recovery.