New Reformed Christian Group

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Mr. McMarty, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

Greetings,

I have encountered some Christian reformed users and some Calvinists as well. Christain reformed theology is quite different from mainstream theology. I see there is a very nice Catholic group but no space for Protestant reformed users.

Can I moderate a Reformed Christain group?

2. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman
    Staff Member

Thank you. We’ve received the request and are considering how to best break it up.

What denominations are you considering fall under reformed?

We currently have a Roman Catholic specific Christian group, and a general Christian group.

3. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

all kinds alll over the world. so it would be open to any reformed or any christain wanting to learn or thoes people whome just want to debate is great as well.

North America

Main article: List of Reformed denominations in North America
    Associated with the Dutch Reformed (Gereformeerde Gemeenten (Dutch)) churches in the Netherlands.
    The PCA is the second largest Presbyterian denomination in the United States, after the PC(USA). Its motto is: "Faithful to the Scriptures, True to the Reformed Faith and Obedient to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ."
    The Presbyterian Church in Canada, formed in June 1875, as a union of 4 Presbyterian groups in the Dominion of Canada (created in 1867); These "Continuing Presbyterians", did not join the United Church of Canada in 1925, of Presbyterians, along with Methodists, Congregationalists, and Union Churches.
    Most Presbyterian churches adhere to the Westminster Confession of Faith, but the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), in order to embrace the historical expressions of the whole Reformed tradition as found in the United States, has adopted a Book of Confessions which includes the Westminster Confession of Faith.
    One of the most conservative of all Reformed/Calvinist denominations, the PRCA separated from the Christian Reformed Church in the 1920s in a schism over the issue of common grace.
    The majority of the original Reformed Church in the United States, which was founded in 1725, merged with Evangelical Synod of North America (a mix of German Reformed & Lutheran theologies) to form the Evangelical and Reformed Church in 1940 (which would merge with the Congregational Christian Churches in 1957 to form the United Church of Christ) leaving the Eureka Classis serving as a Continuing church of the Reformed Church in the United States until 1986, when it was dissolved to form the Synod of the Reformed Church in the United States
    The Reformed Church in America (RCA) is the oldest Dutch Reformed denomination in the United States, dating back from the mid-17th century

4. FranzVenator

FranzVenator New Fapstronaut

I support! I´m from Brazil and I think Reformed theology can be a wonderful helper to us while christians for our addiction recovery. I´m new on this forum.

Christianman and Mr. McMarty like this.
  5. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

awesome thank you!

FranzVenator likes this.
  6. Christianman

Christianman New Fapstronaut

Reformed baptist here, that would be great!

FranzVenator and Mr. McMarty like this.
  7. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

All Right! Keep it coming!

Christianman likes this.
  8. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

A "Reformed Christian" group would be great but if you need to narrow it down to a very specific theme it could be a "Calvinism Group"

9. dwarfstruggles

dwarfstruggles Fapstronaut

I support this, a reformed group would be nice.

10. maurice40

maurice40 Fapstronaut

Count me in! Never seen a reformed Calvinist group on NoFap!

11. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

Ill put you down as a yes then. And thank you.

12. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

Yes it is and thank you.

13. maurice40

maurice40 Fapstronaut

I must admit I'm more of a Baptist Confession of Faith 1689 (London Confession) man, but I fully respect the Westminster Confession and am a fully-fledged Five-Point Calvinist

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

Love the London. Welcome!

15. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut

Amy updates on a Reformed Protestant Group? Need any input from me?

16. Mr. McMarty

Mr. McMarty Fapstronaut