New Rule Suggestion

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Castielle, May 20, 2019.

1. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

It's not a super big deal, but I feel like there should be a rule against putting something in a quote that the quoted user didn't say. I've had that happened to me several times, usually in a mocking way where someone will sum up my words in an offensive manner or totally change what I said to match what they perceived it as, and I really don't like that. Anyone could read that and think I said it and then went back and edited my own post to sound better and less offensive. And unless there is a rule against this behavior that would allow mods to take down the post or edit the quote properly, there's nothing I can do to stop anyone from doing that, which is really frustrating. I just have to ask them to take it down, which isn't usually effective with people who are already being intentionally mean.

2. Grow_out_of_it

Grow_out_of_it Fapstronaut

I agree with you. I have seen such things before where someone quoted someone completely different and I was getting confused with it. This matter should be attended.

3. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman
    Staff Member

Thank you. Your recommendation has been brought up to the Moderation Team for consideration.

This conversation has been edited for demonstration purposes.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  4. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Thanks!

5. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

But there is a drawback. I post for example 1,2,3. Someone quotes correctly that 1,2,3. I edit my original post and make it 3,3,3 and blame the other user that they made what @Castielle says.

6. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman
    Staff Member

Please see my above post, and you will note in the bottom corner that the systems logs edits, so the moderation team can take that into account.

7. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

If you can see that, ok. I just thought that it isn't always possible, because sometimes, when I edit a post, this "last edited" message doesn't appear.

8. i would want to retain the capability to cut the quote down to appropriate and relevant size. Some quotes are too lengthy

9. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

I think that we'll be allowed to cut down, but not alter the meaning of the quote, for the reasons said above.

10. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

Oh of course. That's a handy feature, to zero in on certain things.

I'm talking about when someone says something like "I don't know if I agree that masturbation is always wrong" and someone else puts, in a quote from them, "masturbation is great and healthy and I love it!" That kind of stuff shouldn't be allowed, and unless there is a rule against it, I don't see how you can handle the situation on your own except for asking them nicely to change it or something.

11. The feature you're asking for is likely to be a major pain in the ass to implement.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

You don't need to implement rules, just make them rules. For example, @Gaius Julius Caesar, how do you imagine that this existing rule is implemented?

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.
  13. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

If people would just not be assholes and do that in the first place, it wouldn't need to be implemented. My rule suggestion is not the problem.

14. Lol he was joking by editing someones comment to say i like Bob the builder

15. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I'm aware. It was my comment, and he was clearly doing it to be annoying.