1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New to Buddhism

A group for Buddhist Fapstronauts to connect.

1. Cease2020

Cease2020 Fapstronaut

Im new to Buddhism and just discovered there is no Theravada temple in my area, does anyone have tips for online studies and meditations?

Womble and WalktheLine like this.
  2. WalktheLine

WalktheLine Fapstronaut

Welcome Cease2020, I am trusting you will find your way with PMO, and will find your way with the spiritual work. I responded to something earlier, but I do not know where it went.
    So forgive me, but for the benefit of others to follow, I will respond here again.

I have done the Buddhist work for some 30 years now in all the 3 schools, and as a simple direct introduction I have not found better than this: (I have no affiliation with this temple, I have simply found it to be an excellent online resource for beginners and advanced)

Ihttps://youtu.be/cg456ZKKBj8
    Online LIVE via YouTube on Tues @ 7pm, and Sat @11am.....

Jeffrey Zlotnik is direct and clear, he takes a few questions in the beginning, or asks one, usually leading to that there is suffering, this is motivation for meditation, he gives a few suggestions about how to meditate. Then, they meditate, with clear guided instructions, and then he takes questions. His answers are correct from the Buddhist view, and he really understands the life of people in the western world, their day to day problems and struggles.

He tradition is Mahayana, but it does not matter in the beginning, and he states this. He has studied in all the three schools as well, and has one of the most clear and powerful views, with the least sectarian baggage that I have found.

Ok, all the best on your journey, and you will be in my prayers. Thank you for really beginning to do your inner work.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. Welcome, I will be in a retreat for 2 weeks. I will be back.