1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New to the forum, In need of encouragement

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by inrainbows, Jul 6, 2020.

1. inrainbows

inrainbows New Fapstronaut

Hey everyone,

I'm a young male in my 20s who has been using PMO as a coping mechanism (or more of an escape) for anxiety and depression ever since my teenage years. It has been really bad at some stages (I'm talking masturbating 3-6 times a day pretty much every day of the week), pretty bad at other stages (once a day) and really good at times (no PMO for over a few months).

My sex life is satisfying, I have an okay job, I just got into uni for my dream degree and everything's fine as far as the external factors go. However, the depression and the anxiety have came back big time ever since I've stopped taking my antidepressants. I've stopped as I've simply ran out of them and I don't have the necessary funds to go see my psychiatrst and get my prescription. Ever since then, I've been feeling lonely, unwanted (even by my closest friends) and I've pretty much shut myself off from the world.

I'm trying to work on my music and art, but I just get frustrated. I try to talk to my friends, but I feel like I'm being so negative they don't even want to speak to me. I'm slowly falling into a downward spiral and I'm becoming more and more attracted to PMO, just to get that moment of joy. I've been on a 12 day streak now and I know it would really suck to break that, but I feel like at one point the streak won't even matter.

Thank you for the opportunity to get this off my chest.

2. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

3. Welcome to NoFap inrainbows. I want to help you but I don't know what to say regarding your anxiety and depression. I'd say no PMO can only help. I also think you need to psyche yourself up. You say you have a good sex life, a job and studying your dream degree. Perhaps you are feeling withdrawal symptoms simply because you don't have those anti depressants anymore. Maybe it's a good thing. But it sounds like you are in a good place, you just haven't gotten out of the funky mood you're in. In my opinion you are doing a great job at life than most people. Have you tried getting a bit of exercise or meditation? If you feel these things its important to be proactive about it. I believe you should keep doing the no PMO thing, as this is most important. Don't become someone who relies on PMO when you feel this way. Be strong and be amazing brother.

4. I second what @Breakthrough23 wrote. I would definitely stress exercise too as it really helps me keep relatively sane. I'd say more importantly though you need to reach out to your friends and just talk with them. It doesn't have to be about what you're going through right now, perhaps it would be best if you did talk about it, but I would be hypocritical to advise that since I shut everything up myself too and I don't want to tell you do as I say, not as I do. But I do know that visiting with friends and having loved ones around is good and healing and I can't seem to do enough of it these days and that is my sadness, so don't miss out! All the best.

5. Welcome to NoFap @inrainbows! Glad to have you with us!

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Hey friend, you're not alone. You are fighting for all of us. I don't know why but I feel really sad hearing your story. But just because your friends are not talking to you doesn't mean there will never be a good person in your life. Talk to your parents. You can private message anyone of us if you need an ear to vent out to.
    And if you relapse, as you probably will. You do not render the progress you have made worthless. Beacuse relapse is an inevitable part of recovery. And next time you do fap recognise andwand analyze happening in your body. Focus on what's happening in your body. You'll understand that fapping actually doesn't bring you happiness even for a split second. And it is "YOU" who have to make your life better. Like a cigarette addict once tried analysing what happened in his body when he smoked. And the next day his exact words to his therapist was "Smoking tastes like shit and burning chemicals" So he went from knowing in his heart that smoking is bad to knowing in his bones.

All for one and one for all!
    Peace out

Johnthesavage likes this.