1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New to the site

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by DETWK, Jun 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DETWK

DETWK Fapstronaut

Hey y'all. I'm brand new to the website but not necessarily brand new to NoFap. I try not to count the days but I'm somewhere around three weeks in right now. I've been in a support group chat with some good friends on the same path and thats been helping me a lot but I'm excited to start posting here and get more involved with a wider range of the community. Other than the guys in my group chat I also have my girlfriend and my family behind me supporting me through this journey too. I'm definitely blessed with that.

Little bit about me, I'm a 22 y/o from the U.S. Full time student at the moment working on becoming a firefighter/EMT. In my free time I weight train, run, and practice martial arts daily. I also have an interest in practicing other self-improvement techniques like cold showers. Anyway, I've been stuck in the pmo scene since I was in junior high. A problem I'm finding is all too common amongst my generation since we grew up with high speed internet and society increasingly normalizing p. It's crazy how much the industry has escalated and crazy how some pretty deviant stuff is becoming the norm. Something else I've learned recently thats crazy to me is how you don't have to be a heavy user to find yourself experiencing addiction symptoms. At my peak, I would pmo once every other day. Sometimes once a day but that wasn't as common. I've only ever done it twice in a day a handful of times. I have friends who can do it multiple times a day and have no complaints about feeling addiction symptoms. Crazy how differently it can affect people. I've noticed it didn't seem to effect me much when I was single, though. More so began affecting me when I got into the current serious relationship I'm in. I guess because seeing how it could effect other people that you care about made me realize how much of a problem it really is.

Anyway, that's about it. I look forward to joining this community. Thanks y'all.

2. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

Welcome to the forums. I agree, PMO addiction is a kind of civilization disease of high speed internet era but the problem is nobody talks about it and its negative effects. Sometimes we hear that this is normal and even has some positive effects... It is sad but I hope it will change in the future, the number of people here makes me more positive thinking. It is great that you have support from friends and family, you are really lucky. About the symptoms I think everyone is different and the same applies to methods of combating addiction so in my opinion, unfortunately there is no universal NoFap strategy. Anyway it is always good try what works for the others by reading their journals/reboot logs, at least it helped me. You can also share your own experience by writing your own. Stay strong and good luck!

Breakthrough23, | Nico | and DETWK like this.
  3. DETWK

DETWK Fapstronaut

Thank you for your suggestion! I'll definitely check those logs out. I appreciate the warm welcome! Good luck to you on your journey as well, my friend. Wish you all the best.

Breakthrough23 and | Nico | like this.
  4. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap!!!

5. DETWK

DETWK Fapstronaut

Thank you! Glad to be apart of this!

6. Welcome to the fight brother

7. | Nico |

| Nico | Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Welcome to the community ;) all the best on your journey, if you have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to ask us. Have a great day.

Breakthrough23 likes this.