1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New to These Forums

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by SwitchHack, May 17, 2017.

1. SwitchHack

SwitchHack New Fapstronaut

Hello!

I'm not exactly new to the idea of NoFap, I've been working on it off and on with varying degrees of success for the past year now, my longest streak being a little over a month. My goal currently is to make it to 90 days on hard mode.

A little background, I started with PMO when I was in my early teen years and I didn't realize it had any effect on my life until recently when I began the NoFap journey. I'm currently 27. Looking back on those years, I see so many missed opportunities because of lack of confidence and other effects of constant P usage and MO.

I know it will take more than a smile to get back to what might be considered "normal", but I'm so tired of the hold that PMO has over me. I'm hoping that with your assistance I may be able to finally alter this bad habit into something more wholesome, productive and good.

Looking forward,
    -SwitchHack

i_wanna_get_better1 and D . J . like this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

SwitchHack likes this.
  3. SwitchHack

SwitchHack New Fapstronaut

Thanks for the welcome!

Currently, one of my biggest triggers is boredom. If I have spare time and I'm alone, that's when I know I'm the most susceptible to relapse. I've been trying my best to avoid these situations by either being out and about or having friends over, but it's been really tough for the last week since I've been sick and working from home.

Inevitably there are going to be times when I'm alone at home and have nothing to do, is there anything you can suggest to make those times easier, or at least distract me so the urges aren't as prominent?

4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut