1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New To This Forum But Not NoFap or P-Free

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Dub_Bass, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Dub_Bass

Dub_Bass Fapstronaut

Hello, my hope is to stick around here and make an effort to help myself and others. I am your average 24 year old male with a PMO addiction/problem.

Rather that try to make this longer than necessary, I would say this addiction started as curiosity.

Back in 2005, which seems like forever ago, when i was in 5th grade i experienced my first taste of P***. My older brother had moved on to Middle School and my Mom had to be in the office by 8:00. We'd all get up around 7:00 but i didn't have to be out by the bus until 9:00 or meet up with my neighbor friend/his mom until 8:30. That gave me 90-120 Minutes to do anything. I'd play around on my GBA, watch cartoons on demand, music videos, and play the family computer. When searching for new games i eventually stumbled to Newgrounds and would watch the flash movies etc. Of course, there was the "adult" section and i stated away from there until curiosity got the better of me and the rest is as you would expect it...It didn't help that there was/is such an abundance of material that uses cartoons and such.

And this continued and naturally escalated. I didn't recognize it as a problem until my first year in college but in retrospect i would say there was deff a problem as early as 10th grade.

PMO was a cure all...Rejection, stress, boredom, tired, jump start in the morning, etc. Escalation, intensity, binging, etc. i've done it all. I eventually found nofap and P***free on reddit but never stayed around or tried to become active. My second year of college i finally downloaded K9 (defunct now) but all that did was cause me to migrate to my phone for usage. Flash forward to now and i use Cold Turkey to stave myself off from major sites but again, there is always my phone, and MANY methods to circumvent and obstacles. In fact, i'm pretty sure i bricked my old laptop by trying to force uninstall K9 during a block. Ending up having to spend $350 immediately for a new ASUS laptop.

As far as currently goes, i'm realizing that simply blocking the outlets to act out online is only 30% of the battle.

Well anyhow i'm here and hopefully can help myself and others.

neprecovery and Suki like this.
  2. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

Welcome to the forums. It is good that you decided to join the community it is the first step to get rid of PMO. But remember it is you who have to do it, no blocking application, website, forum or community will do it for you. I mean it is good to have a support but but only your own strength and determination will lead you to victory in this battle. Good luck!

3. Will achieve

Will achieve Fapstronaut

Welcome bro.we didn't aware of it and its consequences and just got stuck to it for just a short pleasure. We even didn't have any idea before how much would it cost to our life. It's great that you have joined this Forum. We will together eliminate this habit and see a happy and energetic personality of ours.
    If possible try to temporarily stop the usage of Instagram.
    Good luck for your journey !

4. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut