1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No caffeine + Sleep habits

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by AlexFightsAlex, Feb 17, 2022.

1. AlexFightsAlex

AlexFightsAlex Fapstronaut

Usually it seems that we need a coffee when we are sleepy, it is an automatic sequence of actions. But I think that it's quite the opposite. I mean, that to get rid of caffeine forces your body to regulate itself in terms of sleep habits. So, If today I haven't had any coffee, I will be sleepy at night quite soon, I will go to bed soon, I will have a nice sleep, tomorrow I will be more energetic...

I think that to repeat this cycle allows us to improve how we sleep. I'm trying it myself and I can't tell still the results, but so far I have noticed that some days I wake up early without any alarm clock, very awake. When I want coffee I take a decaf one.

Possibly this habit of no caffeine ( = better sleep habits) provides a good basis for the reboot, I'll let you know when I have experienced it more.

Plus, a couple of cups of real coffee in the weekend tastes really good!

zorilla and Toni7 like this.
  2. zorilla

zorilla Fapstronaut

Hi, its up to you what you wanna do and what makes you happy but I personally never drink caffeinated coffee because of the caffeine and consider it a harmful drug. In my opinion blocking out the feeling of sleep is not fixing anything at all, all it is doing is giving you the illusion that your not tired which isn't healthy, I basically believe it does more harm then good. Of course caffeinated coffee can be useful when you need to stay awake for something but still that doesn't mean its healthy. If you can, going a bed earlier and having a consistent sleeping pattern is how you fix sleepiness in a healthy way. If you like the taste of coffee well decaffeinated is okay just not caffeinated. Anyhow thats just my personal opinion but of course yours is important and valued as well.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    AlexFightsAlex likes this.