1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No ****ing motivation.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by CrossGlow, Feb 23, 2016.

1. CrossGlow

CrossGlow Fapstronaut

I've been doing NoFap on and off for over a year, but just can't seem to get long term streaks because I'm always either bored or anxious. I think the issue goes beyond NoFap though.

Many sources say to replace bad habits with good ones, but how can I do it if I don't even have the motivation/persistence to do so? My ADHD meds make me feel like I can do anything so I'm inclined to say this is brain chemical related (and not that I'm a lazy prick), but I really don't want to rely on them for health reasons.

All these self help books tell me to be consistent and persistent, but that's totally easier written then done - no short term results at all.

You can think of me as a loser or look down on me if you like, but I'm posting this in case there is the slightest chance someone actually has some advice for me to get something long term going. Thanks for reading.

skylar_legit and Dr. J like this.
  2. Mr. Sir

Mr. Sir Fapstronaut

Replace your use of "but" with "and" for 30 days. You'll realize that what you think and want to say make no sense. You'll be forced to re-frame and adopt a perspective that works. This is what therapists had my brother, who has personality disorder, do (People with personality disorder have fear of success). It is called Dialectical behavior therapy.

Do you think you can do this one, small, effortless thing, just as an experiment to expose your negative ego?

Also, and everyone is going to hate me for this one - get off the drugs. Your doctors are giving you meth as treatment for a made up disease.

skylar_legit and TotalLifeChange like this.
  3. CrossGlow

CrossGlow Fapstronaut

I've went through the 30 days thing for a ton of things, cold showers, meditation, auto-suggestion, etc... Doesn't do it for me.

4. TotalLifeChange

TotalLifeChange Fapstronaut