1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No More Mr. Nice Guys

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by drewski28, Jan 13, 2018.

What are you personally more interested in?

1. Book Group

23.1%
  2. Accountability Group

30.8%
  3. Both

46.2%
  1. drewski28

drewski28 Fapstronaut

I posted this in APs yesterday but I think it belongs here too.

Hey dudes!

I'm looking to build a self-improvement/accountability group. The self-improvement portion of the group would be based on the book "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Robert Glover. I'm willing to bet there is a good number of men on this site who can connect with the material in this book.

Brief synopsis: Many men, as a result of past experiences and bad paradigms, grow up to be nice guys. What's wrong with being a nice guy? Nothing. Except, nice guys tend to be dishonest, manipulative, bad at relationships and have addictive behaviors. They tend to feel like the effort they put in is never as effective as they had hoped. This comes as a result as some men's tendency to live externally (looking for validation) rather than internally (based on values). Nice guys try to make themselves into who they think everyone else wants them to be instead of being honest and vulnerable about who they are, and they're needs and desires. The goal of the book is to provide nice guys with ways to change their mindset and their actions to start living effective, fulfilling lives.

I'm thinking between 10 and 15 men would be a good number that allows us to get to know each other and have an effective group. Since different people may move at a different pace I don't think I'd want to plan a schedule for reading the book. Rather we can just keep each other updated on our progress, discuss what's talked about in the book and encourage each other.

My personal NoFap goal is to do a full 90 day reboot and then just keep going. I haven't fapped yet in 2018 and I plan to keep it that way. Please be serious about NoFap and studying the book if you join this group. Plan to be vulnerable and to contribute.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

@drewski28 i have never been part of such thing. but i want to try it .

drewski28 likes this.
  3. drewski28

drewski28 Fapstronaut

Great! Send me a PM w/ your contact info and I'll add you to the group.

4. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

I'm in. What do I need to do, besides get the book?

drewski28 likes this.
  5. HooEmAi

HooEmAi Fapstronaut

Also, my goal is to get through this first month, then assess what's happened/what I've gained. I meant to buy this book some time ago, but it was not for sale where I usually buy my used books online at the time. To be part of a group to really delve into its contents, I think I'll buy it for whatever price I find it for. I've always wanted to be in a book club, but can never seem to find the time with my work schedule. This way, we make our own time.

drewski28 likes this.
  6. drewski28

drewski28 Fapstronaut

Hey man, sent you a PM

7. Wow, just what i needed.
    Is is still open ?

drewski28 likes this.
  8. drewski28

drewski28 Fapstronaut

Absolutely! I've got a WhatsApp group going now if you want to send me your number. And if there's enough interest I might set up a group here.

9. drewski28

drewski28 Fapstronaut

For sure! Send me a message w/ your number and I'll add you

10. Mithrandir96

Mithrandir96 Fapstronaut

I am interested in joining

drewski28 likes this.
  11. KakashiSensi

KakashiSensi Fapstronaut

12. Second_chance

Second_chance Fapstronaut

Is this still active? can i join?

13. jasonjlee

jasonjlee New Fapstronaut

I wanna join too. Is it still open?

14. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

I was looking for something like No more Mr nice guy support group about 2 years ago but couldnt find any. Now finally. Happy to be part of the group as well.

15. sounds like a great idea,,,and girls never like nice guys, girls like bad boys, girls have a thing for bad boys, not sure why but they do,,,girls hate guys they can control, and love guys that have some mystery,
    and bad boys get all the good toys, nice guys kinda suck because they are phony and acting nice, when deep down they are trying to get stuff like everyone else, but they are not genuine because they are too busy acting nice,,,better to be real, and if you're a bad boy so be it, at least you'll be true to yourself

16. SirThanksalot

SirThanksalot Fapstronaut

Is the grop already full?
    Would be interested

17. NateDoc

NateDoc New Fapstronaut

This book is on my list! At the present moment, I'm reading "The power of habits" by Charles Duhigg, tracking down the cues that force me into the habit of PMO, changing them, and thus unrooting this 10+ yo habit. Turns out you can never remove habits, you can only replace them. If you replace, you can get rid of the craving that always drives you to relapse. I have tried many times.

Interested to join the group and/or to find an accountability partner (much less time consuming than a group) I'm a med student so I'm short on time.
    I'm into self-improvement, replacing PMO with reading, meditation, socializing and physical activity

Please whatsapp on +33788137550 :)

Nathan