1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No more pm for me

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Benharr, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Benharr

Benharr Fapstronaut

Hallo everyone. I am new to this site. I have tried to stop pm for quite some time now because I have noticed that the real thing with my wife wasn't as good as pm. At first I though it was my wife but I soon realised that it was mostly p at fault here. 5 Days ago I decided thats it. Im finished with pm. Till now I am ok with it. I still have the urge to because I can do it anywhere. I used to watch p on my phone. I always have it with me. 2-3 times a day was normal. Going to sleep at night was hard. But till now I am good. Everytime I think I need it I destract myself with somthing else. Im doing alot of sports now and I have this site too. Last night I had a dream that I relapsed. It was wierd waking up this morning because I was not sure if i did or not at first. I am determined to stand this through and to get away from pm for good.

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome. I'm glad you're here. Keep coming back!

3. Hello and welcome to NoFap!

Bit of advice. If you're feeling triggered, hide your phone somewhere and move far away from it. Calm yourself until you can trust yourself to be around your phone again.

Good luck! Stay clean!

Full ahead and Beat Beat-Meat like this.
  4. Welcome to NoFap!

You've made the right decision not to use P! It definitely has a negative effect on you. And word of advice, if you're feeling an urge, no matter how small, get up and do something else. The goal is to distract yourself, but if you sit and dwell on it, it'll just have the opposite effect.

Glad you're here. :emoji_thumbsup:

5. Benharr

Benharr Fapstronaut

Yes the first few days were hard. But today and yesterday it wasnt to hard to keep me distracted. I have never went so long without pm but I still feel the urge everynow an again. I am determind to sucsesfully get away from pm this time. I am comfortable with the fact that I will never use it again. Before I found nofap I had a calender and I checked off everyday where I had no pm. I was looking forward to this everyday I made it. I see a bright future without pm!

6. Beat Beat-Meat

Beat Beat-Meat Fapstronaut

Or consider putting your phone in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. I've heard it really works... Just kidding.

Great advice liquid shoes. Scrolling through videos on my phone will often uncover a random video that will trigger me, so I will try out the phone hiding advice.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Protagoras

Protagoras Fapstronaut

Welcome. Glad you found the website. HERE are some things helping me.

8. Benharr

Benharr Fapstronaut

Now I have a question. Is o with a woman counted as a relaps if I only want to get away from pm and th o that comes with this? I love my wife and this is the reason I want to get away from the addiction and if it happens with my wife I will not try to stop it. For me these are 2 different things.

9. Gideonite

Gideonite Fapstronaut

IMO opinion it can help to abstain from the O aswell in the beginning of the process as sex with your wife can lead you to a relapse, as it can be hard to be intimate with your wife while the brain is used to the P. My suggestion would be to go hardmode (no PMO) the first 30 days, and then only avoid PM later on. Godspeed my friend.

10. Benharr

Benharr Fapstronaut

Ok so I relapsed on day 8. The wierd thing is I didn't even have an urge. But I was feeling realy down. After being in hospital 4 weeks ago because of fainting and doctors not knowing what I have I finaly went back to work yesterday. After 2 hours I was brought home again because of back pain and dizziness and an on coming flu. I felt like shit and needed a bit of comfort. After 8 days of no pmo I thought it should give me a huge burst of energy and a great o which would make me feel better. I was very disapointed because the expected o was not as good and the comforting feeling only lasted a couple of minutes. So for the next time I know this was just a different kind of urge and I wont go down that road again. I am proud of myself to have lasted that long. The longest for me so far. I have been trying for about half a year to get away from pmo. This time I will last even longer and am planning to break the 90 days. I know I have the strength to reach that far because I know what I want and for what I am fighting for.

Beat Beat-Meat likes this.
  11. Gideonite

Gideonite Fapstronaut

Im sorry about the relapse. Although Im happy that you have learned a few from it. Being down is a big trigger for me because thats when I need a quick fix to pick myself up. The best way to avoid relapsing in those moments are to keep busy with something productive that you love doing. Keep going, good luck!

Beat Beat-Meat likes this.
  12. Beat Beat-Meat

Beat Beat-Meat Fapstronaut

The fact that you lasted longer than you ever have before, and that you are being honest with yourself about your situation seem like two massive steps in the right direct to me. If it was easy to quit, we wouldn't need this website for support. Keep at it. We have faith you will be able to get rid of the PMO for good, and improve your life!

Benharr likes this.
  13. Benharr

Benharr Fapstronaut

Thanx mate. I had to realise first thats its doing harm to me. Now that I know I can get to it to change for the better. I have the right mind set and can see myself succsessfull so there wont be a problem.

14. Benharr

Benharr Fapstronaut

So now at day18. Im feeling good but still have urges. I rarly have a hard one but still i feel as if somthing is missing. My place for pmo was the toilet and i find myself going even if I dont have to, sitting there with my phone in my hand till I realise why. I destract myself with nofap and it helps me alot. All the suport here is great and the challenge keeps me motivated. I have a clear goal and I know why and for whom I am going through this. I will not give up and I will alway find the help I need to not relaps. The determination is stronger than the urges. I feel better getting away from this addiction.
    Thanks for all the suport and information here. It helped me alot and will help me in future to get free of pmo altogether.