1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No One Else Is Needed

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Hebrews 7:24-25
    But Jesus lives forever and continues to be a Priest so that no one else is needed. He is able to save completely all who come to God through him. Since he will live forever, he will always be there to remind God that he has paid for their sins with his blood.

Hebrews 10:2-3
    If they could have, one offering would have been enough; the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and their feeling of guilt would be gone.
    But just the opposite happened: those yearly sacrifices reminded them of their disobedience and guilt instead of relieving their minds.

Hebrews 9:24
    If that had been necessary [offering himself again and again], then he would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But no! He came once for all, at the end of the age, to put away the power of sin forever by dying for us.

My Concerns:
    If Jesus Christ saves completely through his one and only death, how many times will we guilt ourselves? If one is truly in Christ, what consumes the follower to repent over and over?

Whatever's arousing guilt is deceiving the follower. And deception will only destroy the loyal friendship which Christ established once and for all.

Since I know what triggers my guilty conscious, there's no reason to pull or test my body and it's vulnerabilities.

My practice in Nofap isn't for gain because the gain has already been established. By practicing Nofap, I'm guaranteeing that my conscious and my heart will be pure when my body is no more.

Whether romance occurs in my life is literally Father God's will and not merely chance.

Roady, XandeXIV, Myfortress and 2 others like this.
  2. Terrific insights. Great stuff.

3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

If one re-commits a sin then it is important to run to God and seek His forgiveness. As long as we are truly sorry for our sins, God will forgive us. Once we are forgiven, we must learn to forgive ourselves.

We know that God is love and that He is the source of all good things. Therefore, feelings of guilt and despair are not from God, they are from the devil. The acts and temptations of the devil are thwarted through the grace that comes via prayer. So, pray sincerely and earnestly for self-forgiveness and you will receive it. What a wonderful feeling it is to be free of guilt!

LyarTheTruth and XandeXIV like this.
  4. XandeXIV

XandeXIV Fapstronaut

The issue of repeated and future sins is one the enemy has tried to use to lure me into despair on multiple occasions, and will likely try to do so again. Some of these Hebrews verses are where I turn in such times. Great stuff :)

Other verses I turn to in such times:

Romans 6:10-11: For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

1 John 2:1-2: My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

LyarTheTruth and Tao Jones like this.