No panic button?!

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by wethebest, Apr 23, 2019.

1. wethebest

wethebest Fapstronaut

I don't see the emergency button in the top right and was wondering what's going on. I'm on a phone right now, as always, but it's always shown up. I should emphasize always

2. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut

I am on a laptop, as always, and it is missing! :(

wethebest likes this.
  3. wethebest

wethebest Fapstronaut

Thanks IGY now I know I'm not alone. What do you think it is?

Mods, what about the people that are in an actual emergency rn. Think of the children!

4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut

I have no idea. I assume it is an "add on" and that there is a fault in it.

@Jack Fischer can you look into the missing Panic Button please? Thank you.

5. Alexander

Alexander Website Admin
    Staff Member

Jack removed it.

I think that he's frustrated about the simplicity of it and how long it has taken to get a better, more robust app for the website. He also hasn't been liking the content that it has been serving. And he thinks that it isn't very useful and for that reason makes the site look bad. Whenever there is a better app with an emergency relapse-prevention as a feature, a new emergency button might be added.

I sent him the link to this thread, though. Worst case you can just be sure to bookmark the page yourself.

control your life likes this.
  6. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut

It kind of sounds like it was a unilateral decision (I realise he was the one who developed it). Maybe it would be good to canvass opinion among active members about their opinion. For example, do you find the panic button useful: Y or N?

7. wethebest

wethebest Fapstronaut

I never have. But recently it's actually been very useful which is why I made this post when I saw it down

8. Freedom_from_PMO

Freedom_from_PMO Fapstronaut

Bring it back or we will revolt!

Seriously, it wasn't that bad.

9. Jack Fischer

Jack Fischer Developer
    Staff Member

Hi all, what @Alexander described is exactly correct. However since it is still useful to folks in the immediate term we've restored it to the site. We hope to aim some effort at improving the served content.

As always if you have ideas for content you can submit them at the bottom of the panic button page by scrolling down. You can also access the panic button directly from its URL, https://emergency.nofap.com, regardless of shortcuts from the forums or anywhere else.

Freedom_from_PMO likes this.
  10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut

Thanks bro.

I am sure it is much appreciated. I am working with a dozen APs and for some it is an integral part of their strategy. :)

Vandermeer likes this.
  11. Jack Fischer

Jack Fischer Developer
    Staff Member

I'm very glad they find it useful. It's also helpful to hear such anecdata for our own decision making. I'd really love to see it get more attention. Unfortunately, while user submitted content is a wonderful concept it has left us in a situation where at least I personally am not too thrilled with what's on there. I definitely welcome anecdotes, analysis and opinions from any of them if they'd like to message me. Ultimately we need input from folks on the front lines.