1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

no PMO - yes AP

Balancing rebooting with studying.

1. complex.cucumber

complex.cucumber Fapstronaut

University is stressful, and PMO doesnt help. Pm me if also interested in AP!

Defunct Bottle likes this.
  2. I am interested but maybe we should write on this thread.So more people can join the conversation

complex.cucumber likes this.
  3. complex.cucumber

OK, let's write here!

Situation in the world isn't great, and I am in isolation at home, like everybody in my country. There's two ways to look at this: either that NoFap becomes even harder because loneliness boredom are triggers for almost everybody. Or: NOW is the ultimate time for my work on my habits and kick PMO out of my house and out of my mind. I'm going for option numero 2 !!!

The first habits I'm going to work on are the ones that I think I need most. For me most PMO triggers are in the morning, and the rest of the day I notice that I can control myself better and it is easier to get rid of any PMO thoughts. I guess this depends person to person, as a I noticed a lot of PMO thoughts for other people occur at night.

My morning habits that I want to focus on/introduce, in order of imporance:

1) Getting. out. of. bed. when. i. wake. up - By far the most important, my normal instinct is to grab my phone and slowly turn towards PMO. By far the easiest way to prevent this, is keeping my phone out of my bedroom, and only access my phone when I have properly woken up and are already starting my day.

2) Exercise. Normally I wouldn't put this so high, but with the isolation I think it is critical. Last days I have been doing exercises (pushups, situps etc) for about 10 minutes, 3 times a day. I already start to notice the mental and physical effects, it makes me more clear in my head and I feel it is easier to 'jump' over any valleys of my day. It smoothens out the very weak moments and I feel more energized.

3) The two habits above. I will be primarily working on those. I don't want to apply to much pressure on my daily routine. In addition this makes it easy to summarize in my mind: get out of bed and leave the phone + exercise 3 times a day. That's it, keeping it simple.

Later yes, I can work on different habits, like waking up earlier, going to bed on a more fixed schedule. But this is for later, I gotta take it step by step.

One small step for complex.cucumber, one giant leap for his mind :) Let's keep this streak going. To anyone, feel free to reply or talk about yourself, I'm happy to give advice!

Starman123 and Alan-Struggle like this.
  4. Which country are you from?

5. complex.cucumber

Netherlands!

6. How are people reacting to corona in your country?

7. complex.cucumber

For me basically everything is online from now on. People mostly stay at home and only do groceries or buy lifetime supplies of toiletpaper. Only essential people in healthcare/energysector/foodsupplies etc. Estimates say that this situation will continue for about 3 months or more, so that's what I'm taking as a timeline. It is honestly the perfect time to work on your habits in my opinion.

8. It similar situation here in slovenia.The only bad thing is they closed the place where I work out so now I have to make a new workout routine.
    We have been given a really good opportunity to work on ourselves and it shouldn't be wasted.
    So how is your progress with habit building

9. complex.cucumber

Habit building and maintaining will be my focus these months. Sucks that you have to build a new workout routine for at home, but if you're consistent in doing your workout I think it will be very much doable!

Let me talk today a bit more about my habit building.

Habit 1) getting out of bed without using my phone is going well. The only thing I have to work on is the snoozing and falling back asleep again. I need to have gotten enough sleep + I need to get up immediately and loose the snoozing. I'll think about some stuff I can do to getting up easier and share my experiences more. But a good start overall so far.

Habit 2) Going really well! Just 3x10 minutes is easy to do and I actually already feel something is out of order when I didn't do my exercise before having breakfast/lunch/dinner. So I'm happy about this.

In general I feel good and energized throughout the day even though I don't go outside almost at all. From now on I want to work more on my studies and alot a couple of timeslots to get more study discipline. I think that's what really is next to feel more satisfied at the end of the day. I feel like procrastinating too much of the time. If anyone wants to share what works for them to get more study discipline and get rid of the procrastinating that'd be more than welcome:)

10. My study routine is quite simple I first divide the study material into smaller tasks and then focus on them separately also for every our of studying I make a 15-20 min break it.I also heard that pomodoro technique is a good one.
    If you don't mind me asking what degree are you studying for

11. yasaburo3

yasaburo3 New Fapstronaut

Hello everyone! It's my first time to post in this forum, and also my first journey to abstain PMO. Hope to get friends and recover with you guys here! In my country, schools are all closed temporarily and we have lessons in the internet. It's a huge challenge for my self control because I can even get the lecture on the bed. We may be able to return campus in May or later.

It's absolutely a chance to form a good habit. Best wishes!

complex.cucumber likes this.