1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

No Social Media Challenge.No PMO. Active Meditation every Day.

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by MixerAwersome, May 13, 2020.

Do you want to Quit Social Media

1. Hell Yeah.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Yes I Do,but it's going to be hard.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MixerAwersome

MixerAwersome Fapstronaut

I'm very much addicted to social media.
    I have deleted them occasionally but downloaded it again.
    whether it is Facebook,Instagram,Twitter,Whatsapp,Snapchat or any other.
    I download it,use it,get addicted to it,uninstall it,then again Install it,the cycle continues.
    Same happens with Games too.
    So,I'm going to Delete all these social media apps,games and going to restrict myself from using whatsapp. Whatsapp is essential,thats why I cant uninstall it.
    But I'm going to start my whatsapp on new number and going to put it all blank and only use it for useful purpose.
    I'm new to meditation,so,hoping that it will help me find my inner self.There is lot I have to DO.
    I'm on the verge and I have so much to achieve.
    I'm on the learning phase now.If I don't waste time and start studying,I'm sure,I'll achieve what I want.
    To achieve greater things,sacrifice of some things it takes,And I know that.
    Also it will help me in Nofap cause social media triggers urges for PMO.
    Hoping for the best.I'm positive and I'm going to do this.

No Social Media+No PMO+ Active Meditation =>
    1 to 7 Day => #Toddler
    8 to 14 Day => #Child
    15 to 21 Day => #Teen
    22 to 28 Day => #Adult
    29 to 35 Day => #Monk

Anybody wants to join this challenge,hop in.Tag me @MixerAwersome

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  2. Here & There

Here & There Fapstronaut

3. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

This would be nice, I have to define it a little more though. Nofap forum is technically a kind of social media, and I definitely binge on it even if I stick to some rules like not reading womens posts except where the subject title is relevant to something I'm interested in and I don't use any other sites. Also meditation measurement, I hate to do it but it's gotta be regular so something along the length of time even if we might do different kinds of meditation, I can see doing breathwork for a typical amount of time though. I guess for using this forum we can say not using it more than a certain amount of time except to check in and read a small amount of posts?

Edit okay so to limit Nofap I'm going to do 20 minutes a day and in the morning or before noon if it's a weekend. (because I have to work) Meditation will be 10 minutes of breathwork twice a day.

icebreaker polarstern likes this.
  4. MixerAwersome

yeah,you have made a valid point there my friend,NoFap is also a social media.Yes,I agree that we have to reduce usage timing of nofap too..
    maybe once in the morning for less that 10 minutes and at night for 10 min before sleeping.

so,tomorrow is 27 th may 2020,our first day.

Lets do this.

5. I need to frequent this forum less. Other social media isn't a problem. Internet in general is.
    Urges resulting from my p-addiction can be strong. But when I abstain it results only in good feelings. Abstaining from internet or not using my phone often triggers emotions like sadness or emptiness.

Coming to this forum once or twice a week would be a good idea. Or cutting long sessions short.

6. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Okay yesterday was good, I didn't go online at night except to stream one episode of a show so not even the forum. Got both the meditation in.

I just want to make the point that if we take the media out of social media that would be good, like one on one or small group Zoom or phone/audio calls maybe. Hopefully with challenges we don't end up just tracking a couple of numbers. Text is fine too but I think the main thing is combining the social accountability with the social bonding instead of too much one without the other.

7. MixerAwersome

Day 1 :
    Meditation : Done
    No Social Media : Done
    NoFap : Done

8. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Doing good so far, last night was a bit crammed but I even got my walking and reading done as well as this. Are we looking to check in daily?

9. MixerAwersome

yeah,daily check in will be good.

10. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Man I gotta reset! Got carried away with one of those less popular social media sites when I was going on for something specific .. Well at least it's not resetting the PMO streak.

11. MixerAwersome

same here man.No progress today.

12. MixerAwersome

I'm spending much time on NoFap as I have removed all the other social media.I have to make some rules using this forum too cause when I visit this forum and start reading updates, success stories,even though planning a proper time for this website,I can't skip the story in a mid way. Of course this is Social media too where everyone is anonymous,so the thing is,I'm going to stop using nofap in the day time.
    I'm allotting time for NoFa now and its between 10 pm to 10:30pm. Not more than that. Period.

13. I still had this thread in my "Watched Threads" List and I just set up a similar challenge for myself.
    So I thought I can as well post it here:

In order to moderate internet use better I'll try this:
    • When opening browser on my computer always open CLOCK too
    • The timer is set to 15 minutes. That is one unit. For every day report: how many units did you surf on the web: 0,1,2,3,4 or more than 4?
    • 4 units (one hour) is the limit. Above it is considered a FAIL. Not using the CLOCK properly is also a FAIL
    • I don't need to you use the browser on my phone (in most settings)
    It's not excactly about social media but rather internet use (at home) in general.
    However I'd like to do daily meditation as well. Well, that would be amazing!
    Let's see

MixerAwersome likes this.
  14. JackWhite88

JackWhite88 Fapstronaut