1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nofap after breaking up with first GF of 5 years

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Lonewolfpt, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Hey,

So i have been a member of nofap since the beggining of this year 2018.

I am a young man and Like many of you guys i have experienced the depression, social anxiety, inferiority and feelings of guilt/shame for my abuse of PMO since like i am 12 years old.

Since preteen that i have been very lonely and PMO has been over this years like the release of my frustration disabling me of actually change things in my life and to be more productive happy and actually have friends who i can rely and trust too.

But not everything was bad during that period of my life. For the past 5 years i dated my first GF with whom i lost my virginity with. She was there in every moment for the past 5 years. When i met my absent "father" for the first time when i was 19 she was there. She knows everything about me and i use to trust that she would be forever with me and together we would form a family.

But i guess life is harsh and recently she broke up with me, leaving me broken-hearted.
    The reason is according to her "i still love you, but not as much". I mean i know that she wouldnt cheat on me, so there is not an interest of her in another person.

I guess the reason for her to decide do break with me was due to my insecurities about her which led to a overly posession of her by me.And i know that PMO has like 80% to do with my insecurities.

And for the irony of fate the exact same day that discovered nofap she broke up with me. Just when i could enter a new improved chapter of my life.

Man, now i just feel lonely af and broken hearted. I am so lonely that i actually have only 1 friend who i can hang out with. And i feel like due to my non existent social network i will never be able to find such a attractive woman like my ex-gf even though i am decent looking and intelligent.

Yeah and nofap isnt properly easy after breaking up. Even though i wasnt a heavy PMO user i couldnt manage to stay PMO in this 19 days. I relapsed like twice.

The demon always calls me when i am the most lonely

2. Chudmeister

Chudmeister Fapstronaut

Even without her you need to change, you don't want to bring this problem into a new relationship.

Vulkan and Lonewolfpt like this.
  3. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Thank you for your reply.

I guess that now i cant fail because i am so lonely. I cant afford to hurt the person who i rely the most, myself

4. Sananafraz

Sananafraz Fapstronaut

You have had a harrowing experience. Your social network can be expanded with a small amount of work.
    Most importantly, your ex (as lovely as she may have been) has nothing to do with your healing.
    “Just when I could enter a new chapter”-bullshit
    You HAVE entered a new improved chapter of life. The chapter could even be entitled IMPROVEMENT! She has nothing to do with it.

Proud of you, brother

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  5. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Thank you for your words.

What hit me is that a major part of Nofap is to become emotionally stronger.

And yeah, even though i had very painful experience who shook my expectations about my future life , i have discovered spirituality in my life and became more independent/aware that i only rely in myself. Just like everyone else.

What worries me is that i will never find the woman right for me. But being PMO free makes me more ready for it, I guess

6. dragonslayer

dragonslayer Fapstronaut

Hey man. Sorry about your breakup. I am also going through a breakup after 2 years of relationship, but at least I am okay with the breakup knowing that it is the right thing for both of us. In your case, I can only imagine the kind of suffering that you went through. Sorry about it and hope you get back on your feet soon.

When I was in the relationship, I was too caught up in fulfilling her emotional needs and had almost forgot myself in the process. I had stopped doing what I loved doing thinking that it may not be that important. That is what I did wrong and now after the breakup my eyes are open. Its not like I don't miss her, but knowing that it has happened now and I have a life ahead of me which I know I can improve, I have made my peace with it.

I was also clueless about what to do next. So, I thought what are the things that I like to do most. For me, it was reading, meditation and spirituality. So, I started reading about Buddhism and got to know so many important things that helped me to heal. Also, I started meditating regularly, not missing a single day. I also started to go to the gym and aim to a better body.

For you, I would say, be totally selfish and think what are the things you can do to improve yourself. Not for anyone else, but for YOU. Obviously, you will only hurt yourself by relapsing to PMO, so better to avoid it. Make a list of your goals that you wish to achieve in the next 3 months and daily check if you are moving towards it.

For sometime, forget about getting into a relationship as you need time and space to figure out what you can improve and what to expect in a relationship, so that it does not happen again. You will find the perfect girl, once you have made yourself better and are in right frame of mind. Let me tell you, being single is not that bad for a while.

Peace and Good luck. :)

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  7. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

8. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Should i look for a AP?

9. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Can someone recommend me self-help books? The ones to get you emmotionally stronger

10. Sananafraz

Sananafraz Fapstronaut

Energy spent scouring the earth for the right woman could instead be spent making the right man. She will come to you. Be ready.

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  11. Sananafraz

Sananafraz Fapstronaut

The Pocket Guide to Action

Lonewolfpt likes this.
  12. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

Thaks i will search for it. And audiobooks also.

Much love

Sananafraz likes this.