1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NOFAP and coldshower!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SorryWontSayIt, May 3, 2020.

1. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Hello!

Just returned to the forums of the Nofap community.

So I am currently back at day two of nofap, and day four of coldshower.

So far I have not too much experience with coldshowers. Done it a bit before and used it to wake up, so I don't need caffine as much (been a caffine addict).

So normally I would use to shower as "normal" with a warm shower, then I would gradually change it to colder water. In the end, I will have "ice-cold" water, which I can't stand in more then 30 seconds.

So I am wonder, whats too cold? And how long should I be albe to stand in the coldest water I am able to?

Please share your experience with the combination of coldshower and nofap too! :)

2. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

That's great that you have started cold showers, you shouldn't concern too much about it it's a great thing. I do my cold showers on coldest setting for around half an year and even more. I haven't died yet so I guess it's fine :). Only concern you should have is dryness if you don't moisturize your face after doing it. I'm not a doctor and I sure know it has alot if benefits but you can visit a doctor and ask him about it. Also think about it- Why athlethes do ice baths?
    I forgot to refer to your technique of doing it, if you still can't stand a cold shower after a while of trying there isn't too much to do, I'd suggest not changing from hot to cold because you've tried it already. Jump in the cold shower without thinking twice and the fear will pass. From time to time you'll get used to it.

It's a life changing habit and will reduce urges so don't give up on these.

Good luck!

Zexiant and SorryWontSayIt like this.
  3. SorryWontSayIt

SorryWontSayIt Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply! :)

I started it to "clear" my mind a bit, if I became unfocused and needed to wake up a bit (so I don't need much coffee or caffine drinks). Worked good so far in that way. So I started to read a bit more about it, and found out that it is a lot more benefits to it then I was aware of :)

AlphaGod likes this.
  4. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Just don't give up, that's the most important thing. At start it feels like complete torture but that's the price of it, this is improvement my friend. Everytime I do this I feel like I'm getting superpowers and my confidence go up and up. It wakes you up like nothing else, I usually do them at the morning.

SorryWontSayIt likes this.
  5. Falador Massacre

Falador Massacre Fapstronaut

I used to combine NoFap with cold showers & meditation and it did wonders! I never felt better in my life. I stopped doing them because I relapsed and lost motivation to do them but I'm going to do them again. I would wake up, take a cold shower, then meditate and then make myself breakfast. Out of nowhere I would have so much energy throughout the day and I'd be so much more confident and not scared of making eye contact and stuff with people. It's something I would recommend to everyone when doing NoFap! :) I started at lukewarm water and put it a bit colder every DAY. Till it was at a point where it was way too cold for me to handle, then I stayed at that exact temperature till I got used to it and then go further. It's great to use this to get out of your comfort zone because there's nothing worse than the cold, we all fear the cold! Good luck :)

DawsonBR likes this.
  6. DawsonBR

DawsonBR New Fapstronaut

Really nice thread and comment!
    Thank you for sharing.
    I am a newbie, so I am getting the most previous information I can.

7. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

apply gradualism, but not how you do it.
    start with warm water, and at the end of your shwering session, you turn the water to ice cold for just 3-5 seconds.
    next day repeat, add 1 second
    next day repeat, add 1 second,
    next day repeat, add 1 second,
    and so on. thats how i did it!

8. Zexiant

Zexiant Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I live in a tropical country, taking cold showers everyday. For me nofap + cold shower doesn't really help. Might be different from those of you who live in cold countries.