1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nofap fail puinsment

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Dorian Gray, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

For my self punishment for failure in nofap i will eat hot peppers, the ones that hurt. that way i will be more inclined to not masturbate

2. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

Try rubbing them on your member. It'll be more convincing that way.

3. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Hey Dorian Gray and to the rest of you, I don't think that you should punish yourself for NoFap. Though you may not want to hear it, this process of becoming pmo free is exactly that...a process. There may be times when you're good for five days, then on that 6th day, you relapse. It's all a part of the process. Just be patient with yourself. Eventually, you'll get there! The best of luck to us all!

ranade25 likes this.
  4. Uhm, I dont consider this punishment but tigerbalm on your balls really kill the urges for some time

5. BeginningOfNewLife

BeginningOfNewLife Fapstronaut

Hey Brother, I think you should think over it again. It will only give you pain. Relapse and all is the part of the process. Sometimes you'll be better and sometimes you are not. Just give it a try another time. Try and Try, You will succeed. You are hearing all from the person who has failed many many many times but at last I think I have found one strong reason to quit PMO. Try to find your own. We all are here for the same reason. We are here to support you. Come on man. You can do this!! All the best!!

6. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

Positive reinforcement has been proven to be more beneficial than punishment!

7. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Great way to say this man! I agree, try, try, try, try and then try some more. The word you used was "PROCESS." Although this is sometimes difficult for us to accept, that is the reality. This is indeed a process. Great post man, and good luck to you and the rest of us!

8. silvaticus

silvaticus Fapstronaut

Dude, I make my living in systematic behavior modification. Punishment has been proven to be less effective in shaping behaviors than positive reinforcement.

This is general advice, and in no way replaces seeking out help from a psychologist, but I would suggest setting up something that you really enjoy to reward yourself when you reach your goals. Start out small, even at a few hours or a day of no PMO, then treat yourself.

Also, it will be helpful long-term to think about WHY you PMO. When do you do it, where and under what circumstances? How do you feel or act before and after? Your reasons for PMO-ing are going to fall into one or more of four response classes: escape (you're doing it to get away from situations or feelings), Attention (for example, if you're into cam-girl sites, you might be seeking out the attention that's given to you by these girls), tangible (I know some guys seek out the aftereffects of PMO more than the experience itself, for example, sleeping better), and finally sensory (you enjoy how it makes you feel or are looking for the neuro-chemical rush that you get).

Based upon what you discover the function of PMO is in your life, you need to come up with a plan for other ways that you can meet those needs in your life in a way other than PMO. Then, when you're in a situation that would typically lead to you PMO-ing, you can turn to your plan. If you find that your replacements aren't working for you, then you can modify the plan as needed. I

t's just that all behavior, even those that have become maladaptive, serves a purpose for the person doing the behavior. There's an underlying need that it addresses and you're going to have a very difficult time permanently extinguishing that behavior if you're not also addressing those needs.

Just PLEASE don't do things to punish yourself. Best case scenario, it won't work, worst case scenario, you'll end up with a hot-pepper/tiger balm fetish. :p

If you PMO, just think about WHY you did it, make some modifications to your plan, then move on.

SeriousMike likes this.
  9. silvaticus

silvaticus Fapstronaut

Here are some links that you might find helpful if you're interested in learning more about functional behavior assessments and the interaction between between behavior, people and their environment:

http://cecp.air.org/fba/

https://dese.mo.gov/special-educati...oral-assessment-behavioral-intervention-plans

http://www.pbisworld.com/tier-2/functional-behavior-assessment-fba/

http://mfba.net/forms.html

And also this, if you would be interested in seeking out someone certified in applied behavior analysis: http://www.bacb.com/index.php?page=100155

ranade25 likes this.
  10. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Silvaticus, great advice man! I love how you broke down and explained the four categories behind the motivation to fap. For me personally, I do it to escape. And thanks for providing links that provides more information regarding behaviors. Wishing you and all of you guys the best of luck!

11. ledzepplinjacky

ledzepplinjacky Fapstronaut

I'm listening...

12. Bounce

Bounce Fapstronaut

Better days ahead for me. Not been easy in the lst 3-4days.. Don't know why?! I'm pushing and I'll scale through. ;(

13. ranade25

ranade25 New Fapstronaut

Rubbing things on your member and balls sounds crazy.... better try again and develop the will power. You dont wanna owe no fapping to a balm or someting.