1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap is difficult due to lack of sex in my life

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by bablo, May 28, 2016.

1. bablo

bablo New Fapstronaut

Last year I overheard a discussion of my colleagues about their record time without masturbation, and I realised I had never been without masturbation for over a week in my life.

So I started my first NoFap streak last summer with the initial goal of one week. After the week I just set new goals for myself and actually managed a whopping 107 days without PMO.

After that I sadly haven't had many days without PMO. But a friend of mine started NoFap last week, and though I might as well join the journey for peer support.

But I'm now reminded of my biggest struggle: fear of never having sex again and doing NoFap for nothing. I've had relationships a few years ago, but since my last breakup 3 years ago I honestly haven't even been close to sex. Haven't even had a meaningful kiss with anybody.

I realise the benefits of NoFap, but at the same time, it makes me crave for a meaningful relationship with a woman (also sexually) and I'm attracted much more easily to people of all kind. I maintain focus and eye contact with people I talk to and in general I guess it makes me more social.

Any similar feelings among you fellow fapstronauts? How do I overcome this?

2. BlackKnight

BlackKnight Fapstronaut

Yeah. I'm a virgin and going without fapping is super hard, almost impossible

3. LakeMichigan

LakeMichigan Fapstronaut

Every one has same thoughts. However, I still see staying away from PMO is better and as you described it your self you are more social and being more social is one of the best ways to find some one real. I will try my hardest to never go back to PMO but I don't know about MO.
    There is some one for everybody and some times people go through dry spells. Some longer than the others. Try online dating as it is more than normal these days.

As far as being virgin, I think western culture makes you believe that sex is one of the primary needs but I assure you it is not. I lived in India and the US. It is not uncommon in India for people to be virgin until their marriage and some men are not married until they are 30. I am pretty sure they don't PMO and don't get sex by other means..MO..may be. My AP is 37 and never had sex. He is going to get married soon. He successfully managed reboots and long streaks.

In my experience if you watch movies which have nudity and drink alcohol like regularly you will find it much more difficult to stay away from PMO.

Lay off unreal to get back something real!