1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nofap, Supplements (Maca Root) and Jing Energy. How do they Interact?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by ukihakiko, Mar 20, 2020.

1. ukihakiko

ukihakiko New Fapstronaut

Everyone interested in and engaging in the NoFap is interested in self improvement, therefore I started to expand outside of nofap to look for even greater methods of improving myself. Nofap is great as it gives people the energy and motivation to take on bigger and better things such as exercising, finding new hobbies, learning, etc. I started watching some self-improvement type of videos on YouTube and came across people who were touting maca root as this miraculous substance that provides all of these amazing benefits including elevated levels of testosterone, increased energy, and even stronger libido. It sounds too good to be true, but no matter where I look on the internet, I can't find any voices of dissent, therefore making an informed decision quite difficult.

If one were to look up the drug on Web MD, you'll be greeted with a page that says no scientific studies have been done to support the claimed supposed benefits the drug can have; however, there are clearly studies one can find online that would seem to invalidate Web MD's claims. The problem is that we know that any companies that produce supplements can come up with their own "fake" studies in order to increase sales, and skew the public's perception of the drug. We see this with hair loss drugs such as Propecia that claim that hair loss medications don't have any significant impact on your ability to get an erection despite many testimonials coming forth to suggest the opposite is true, and lawsuits being filed against the manufacturers of these medications (Merck).

I've been taking maca root in capsule form once daily for about a week now, and I can certainly say this stuff hits hard as a stimulant. You have to be careful with it, because it could make you manic if you don't control the dosage. My first day I took three 500 mg capsules throughout the course of the day not expecting much to happen, and that was the recommended dosage online, I got about 4 hours of sleep within a 36 hour time span thereafter. So I took a day off, and then continued one 500 mg pill a day to find that perhaps it's still too much, I'm not sleeping as much as doctors would recommend I should. As nofappers; however, we understand that there are things we can do (such as nofap) that make our bodies require less sleep, one could make a case that maca root is actually altering my physical state such that my body requires less sleep, and I can be just as well-rested with 4 hours a sleep a day, while the average guy that masturbates daily and doesn't take maca root would need 8+ hours of sleep daily. Mantak Chia, the leading voice in Daoism these days has stated at his old age he doesn't need much sleep because he doesn't masturbate, and he looks quite healthy for 75. Since starting nofap around 60 days ago, I've found that the greatest results come from not even indulging in lustful acts. There's nofap where you go halfway, where you can still indulge, but not orgasm, and then there's "hard mode" where one doesn't even consider getting horny, and instead use their sexual energy to fuel them towards other goals. The Chinese actually have a term for this energy which they refer to as jing (精). I believe wholeheartedly that jing is the source of our energy, our improved physical appearance, and the mysterious answer to why girls all of the sudden become so attracted to us. I personally believe that even stimulating oneself without orgasm is also wasted jing, even though nothing leaves the body, as there's still a huge amount of chemical processes that have to happen in the body just to make someone aroused. When these processes are allowed to rest, the "jing" is allowed to prosper and thrive.

In accordance with nofap, I have accepted that this line of thought is probably sound. The best things in life are free as they say. The wise Sadhguru would put it that "the greatest chemical power plant in the world is the human body, so you have no need to depend on foreign substances in order to seek greater horizons". I'm inclined to agree with Sadhguru on this, as I've found even seemingly harmless stimulants to have negative effects on me, coffee gives me rectal cramps for example, while tea makes me fart constantly, neither I would say are indicative of good health. Therefore, I am cautious with maca root, and unsure whether I should continue using it. It's classified as an adaptogen, which I assume would mean that over time, with continued use I would start to see the drug's effects start to balance out in my favor as opposed to making me feel like I'm on Adderall. I don't know much about herbal medicine so I can't say one way or another, and have found myself in a position of needing clarity on the matter. Since taking maca, I've noticed the dark circles return under my eyes that nofap had actually cleared up entirely, and is a problem I've had through most of my adult life, I've also noticed my voice isn't quite as deep as it once was, though it's still deeper than it was before I started nofap. It makes me feel as though the simple act of taking this supplement is actually having a deceptive effect on me by stimulating me to have more energy, but is also depleting me of my jing energy.

So with all of that said, are there any fapstronauts out there that have some long-term experience with consuming this herb? What dosage do you take? Have you found any other supplements that might have similar or dissimilar effects that could lead us to a greater truth? Please share your experiences, especially if you have taken maca before or are currently taking it. At this point, conventional wisdom seems to tell me that taking any kind of substance isn't really going to improve my quality of life. My reason for taking maca root in the first place is to find whether it will boost my libido, as I find that nofap doesn't outright kill my ability to get an erection, but my libido seems to go by the wayside while my desires to improve myself become stronger. In regards to maca, I'm afraid it won't help me improve and might actually take away some of the progress I've made to strengthen myself through nofap.

Thank you!