1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nofap Writer's Thread?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by writer239, Jul 6, 2015.

1. writer239

writer239 Fapstronaut

So, I've been recently working at nofap seriously, and since I started this new streak I've been using writing as a way to cope with my urges or keep myself busy. I'm currently working on two books (epic fantasy series and a post-apocalyptic serial novel) as well as another idea who's form I'm not sure of yet. I figured it might be fun to start a writing thread for other nofappers to possibly discuss each others work and what not.

If anyone's interested, feel free to post what you're working on, how long you've been working on it, and what you would like to do with it when it's finished (keep it, publish it, shoot it, etc.)

2. Amin

Amin Fapstronaut

Speaking of post apocalypse, just finished Borderlands video game! :D
    I like writing too, currently I'm working on a simple day of three characters that two of them represent the extreme versions of my occasinal perspective toward life, madness and rage and the third character is a normal girl confused by the actions of the other two!

3. I'm also a writer. I've been super depressed lately (gf and I broke up today) haven't been able to find a fulfilling job/career since I graduated
    six years ago (I went back and finished when I was 39). I'm broke (not currently working at all). My ex-wife manipulated things so that I can't see my daughter and I haven't seen her in over a year. I couldn't even afford to send her a birthday gift this year.

I've been trying to write an non-fiction ebook about overcoming negative emotions but....

4. I'm taking up writing. It's been a dream of mine to write a novel, and maybe just maybe get it published.

Currently I'm working on a short story about a guy who wishes for something and gets way more than he bargained for. I've been thinking up ideas for a good crime novel and a few fantasies, though I'm focused on the story I'm working on at the moment.
    I've been having a hard time getting the right words down; everything I seem to write looks bland, too dull. I'm trying to work on that, improving my language, description of events.

Good luck with your books brother.