NoFap's slogan & logo: true creative genius!

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Yesodi, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Yesodi

Yesodi Distinguished Fapstronaut

Tremendous kudos to the creative genius(es) who thought up NoFap's logo and (especially its) slogan, "Get a new grip on life"!

I just had to tweet that out loud! :)

NoFap-Logo.jpg NoFap-Banner.png

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

All credit to @alexander rhodes, our host and inspiration!

VictorDfrederick and Yesodi like this.
  3. Yesodi

I also assume that most people have already noticed the letters "P", "M", and "O" hiding inside that blast-off cloud, right? :cool:

On the flip side: I must admit that IMHO both the logo and the slogan convey a predominantly male-oriented perspective.

Any thoughts regarding that by the ladies here? :rolleyes:

Ben Jamin' and JesusGreen like this.
  4. Chef Boy

Chef Boy Fapstronaut

That's because it's largely a male problem. Equal gender consideration is great, and I'm all for it, but you have to cater to the majority and not hinder creative freedom just to overly conform to gender sensitivity. Sometimes people go too far.

5. Yesodi

I am not one of those PC extremists that go too far, and I think both the slogan and the logo are EXCELLENT. But I suspect that the problem affects far more women than most people assume, and I was therefore nevertheless curious regarding what the ladies here think.

Plus, it's possible with the copywriting and design genius that brought us these creative gems -- maybe with the aid of some crowd-sourced brainstorming -- we might collectively arrive at equally nifty creatives for the ladies' section of this site.

And anything that can strengthen NoFap's marketing, paid-membership levels, and ultimate financial viability and stability -- would be a most worthy goal to seek.

6. theGECK

theGECK Fapstronaut

I like the logo. I think of space and exploring it and how amazing that will be. But I'm just one opinion.

Yesodi likes this.
  7. Chef Boy

Chef Boy Fapstronaut

I'm already aware that it affects tonnes of women. It still affects tonnes MORE men. That was my point.

8. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

Haha now I see it the first time !! ;)

I especially like the slogan "Get a new grip on life" - this is the positive-oriented focus.

Yesodi likes this.
  9. Yesodi

I particularly liked the tastefully-witty nuance behind "get a new grip" (as well as the still-relatively-subtle phallic rocket-ship and blast-off eruption).

Excellent copywriting, and -- once again -- kudos to @alexander! :cool:

10. VictorDfrederick

VictorDfrederick Fapstronaut

Wow u never noticed the PMO IN THE LOGO brilliant !

Yesodi likes this.