Non Drinkers in Clubs/Pubs/Parties ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Win_for_life, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

Was just wondering how to come out of such situation where you are the only one in group that doesn’t drink and then feel extremely self conscious around others.
    How do you handle such situations ?

vxlccm and Coffee Candy like this.
  2. w95chris

w95chris Fapstronaut

It is not that difficult. If you do not drink for whatever reason then you should not feel bad about it. You can still enjoy your time in whatever place. Try drinking a soft drink for example or something similar if not water.

You should not feel bad about it. I understand what you are trying to say but you just cope with it and so must your friends, who should respect your decisions. The point is that there is no need to feel self conscious about it because it is your life's decisions and you should stick to them

If this is a new thing (for example you were a drinker and now stopped) then it takes time to feel comfortable but your friends should also try to make you feel that way. If it is something that has been going on for quite some time, then time to reconsider going to these places if this bothers you that much

3. TheLightOne

TheLightOne Fapstronaut

Been there done that. For me it didnt worked at all. After 1 hour there is no contact and u feel alone. Maybe grab 1-2 beers and just drink them slowly? That kind of worked for me

Win_for_life likes this.
  4. Theres nothing wrong with not drinking. Im not a drinker either. No one should try and make you feel anyway about not drinking. If they do, you should re-evaluate the people that you are surrounding yourself with.
    If its really an issue for you, ask yourself why do you feel like you need to go to these places where drinking is so prevalent. Maybe you should just remove yourself from those situations.

5. Triplex VII

Triplex VII Fapstronaut

I myself don't drink. I am not religious. It is just a lifestyle choice. Anyway, I have a friend that drinks and goes to bars. Personally, I dont want to be around people getting drunk. It is just my preference. Therefore, I only hang out with him if he is sober, and never at a bar. I see it as: if he cannot stand to spend time with me, without being on and/or around others who are all getting intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, I dont need him as a friend. He respects that, because he is a decent man.

This is just me though. I think it is up to you. And we are talking essentially about a drug. So I think your preference on it has more weight than ever in that situation.

6. Castielle

Castielle Fapstronaut

I choose not to feel weird about it. You like what you like. If you want to order water or a soda, that's completely fine. And honestly, if anyone is going to judge you or make fun of you for that, that's stupid and they're dumb.

7. Don’t worry about it and do what suits you. I’ve never had problems with people being judgmental I’m not a drinker. Honestly, if they give you a hard time about it, they’re probably not worth hanging out with. This goes for anything you feel is important.

Win_for_life likes this.
  8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

But if he does that he's drinking.

Win_for_life and Deleted Account like this.
  9. Be comfortable w yourself, fuck what others say about it.

Win_for_life and Deleted Account like this.
  10. Mistersofty

Mistersofty Fapstronaut

Don't know why you'd want to be sober in a bar or club with a bunch of drunk people. I drink, but I also know what it's like to be the only sober person in the group and it can get pretty god damn annoying. I'd suggest finding another social activity that doesn't involve drinking.

Win_for_life likes this.
  11. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Just tell the youre a Roman Catholic Priest and if they keep pestering you, tell them to eat a bag o dicks.

12. FellatiousD

FellatiousD Fapstronaut

13. Anubis Rises

Anubis Rises Fapstronaut

My Journal
    drink a red bull and go on the dance floor an dance

vxlccm, FellatiousD and Win_for_life like this.
  14. Hold it in

Hold it in Fapstronaut

I occasionally am around family members that drink. Honestly I think most of them feel awkward drinking around me knowing I don't drink. Its such an afterthought though that I don't even care if they do but it is funny.

Being an alcoholic is kinda like being in an abusive relationship and being smacked around by your boyfriend\girlfriend. Hopefully, you learn being abused sucks and leave.

For good

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Win_for_life likes this.
  15. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Be sure your phone has enough memory, you can record them puking and crying and fighting each other. You could use it for your personal amusememt or you could blackmail them.

Win_for_life and FellatiousD like this.
  16. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

Lmao hahaha

vxlccm likes this.
  17. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

There's usually a few people who are driving and hence on the soft drinks all night, try and find them and bond with them. Like others have said, it's not very fun being around drunk people. They tend to get quite repetitive and boring, if you aren't drunk yourself.

I don't think anyone gives two hoots whether you are drinking or not, they probably won't even notice unless you point it out (especially if you have a glass/bottle of something in your hand). In a club it's probably too dark to see anything anyway. So you've nothing to feel self-conscious about.

Win_for_life likes this.
  18. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

Thanx mate thats really helpful

vxlccm likes this.