1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nootropic Recommendations

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mrk303, Sep 3, 2020.

1. mrk303

mrk303 Fapstronaut

Does anyone know of some good nootropics or nootropic stacks? I recently ordered some L-Theanine to take with my morning coffee, they work symbiotically. I want something a little more effective though. I am looking for a nootropic to aid in focus, mental clarity, memory, and quickness of thought. Basically something to help when studying or taking tests. Prescription drugs are not an option, as I want to be able to easily buy them online.

2. AlRoss0908

AlRoss0908 New Fapstronaut

That's gonna be interesting. I know that there are some websites that sell them. But, nothing particular is on my mind now.

3. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

Generally, I think caffeine and L-theanine is a good beginners combo, bacopa monnieri after close to 2 months of supplementation is great for memory, and although its more intense modafinil was amazing for me and I'd recommend it. Specifically though I'd recommend a nootropic that focuses on the area you're struggling with the most. Is it focus, memory, brain fog, fatigue, mental processing? If you had to tackle one cognitive struggle and only one, which would it be? You don't actually only have to tackle one of course but I think that's a good starting point.I mostly stick to super coffee which is 200 mg of caffeine and 100 mg L-theanine(you could go with a capsule too but i love this coffee so this is my preferred form), ashwagandha for stress and anxiety and occasionally noopept whenever I'm studying a more complex programming topic. I won't assume what habits are in your life but just be careful falling into the trap of using nootropics to replace healthy habits like sleeping, drinking water, working out, etc. Use nootropics not only for the short term but to help you establish habits for the long term that'll help your studying.

4. urgegone

urgegone Fapstronaut

I think Citicholine/Alpha GPC, L Thyrosine, Ashwaganda, Bacopa Monneri, L-theanine with caffeine, Zinc/Calcium/Magnesium Bitrates, Exercise, Math Problem solving, and other habits will help you rewire your brain and for nightfall I suggest Selenium works well along besides reducing usage of spices in food