1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

not fapping is helping with other addictions too

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by hillcountry, Oct 27, 2014.

1. hillcountry

hillcountry Fapstronaut

I'm only on day 4 of this new journey, but I can already see changes. Just a few minutes ago, after a fight with myself and with my mother, I threw all away my weed and weed paraphernalia. I've been smoking marijuana since I was in my mid twenties and I'm 43 now. I got the habit from my mother and older brother who continue to smoke and have been since I was a teenager. But I finally had enough. How can I look my daughter in the eye and tell her that through Christ you can do all things, but I haven't been willing to get rid of that addiction also, which I'm sure my daughter probably new about even though I tried to hide it from her. I know that there will be difficult days ahead in which I wish I had not thrown it all away. I've tried everything before NoFap .org and nothing helped. I've been at the end of my rope. But I finally had the courage to tell my mother that unless you get rid of this habit in your own life, I won't be coming over anymore because we used to smoke together, and unfortunately, she never learn to break this addiction in her own life and I believe it's one of the things that led to me having a diagnosis of bipolar disorder 10 years ago and currently being on disability benefits. I write this for anyone reading who needs help that they can break the power of addiction in their life. You can be free. It's not about a bunch of do's and don'ts. It's about going after a superior pleasure and not seeking something to numb the pain of our past, which we've all been damaged by in some way or another. It's about modeling the right way of life for our children, & I can't wait to tell my daughter when she gets home from school that Daddy is coming to grips with this addiction. She's only 10 right now but I'm sure she will always remember the conversation that we will have, that even though I still had this illness and will not be healed overnight, daddy doesn't want to be a slave to anything anymore!