1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not feeling enough

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Cantloseman, May 18, 2020.

1. Cantloseman

Cantloseman Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

I recently started to use NoFap again. I tried once before last year but I stopped due to lack of commitment, this time I want to be more involved that way I can help my recovery.

First of all, I just finished my first year in uni. For most of my academic career I have been a B student, with the occasional A-, but I never saw an A or A+ before. In the junior year in HS I wanted to try to attend one of the top schools in my country. The admission rate of at least 95% average and here I was barely pulling off a 75%. In my senior year I really got my act together, I studied my ass off, I got a math tutor, I tried everything in my power to get into that school. I ended up finishing HS with a 91% average. While the result was good it wasn't enough, I got rejected. I ended up going to a smaller college nearby to save money.

The reason I said that story is because whenever I try to improve my life and move forward I always think "why does it matter that you're trying you're still not going to X university, so you will never be as good as the guys that go there". This feeling makes me feel depressed and I lose motivation in everything including NoFap. I can rationally understand that my obsession with X university is unhealthy and that it will end up destroying my life in many areas, but emotionally I still can't let go. I tried my absolute hardest to achieve a goal but still came up short. Have any of you experienced a setback like this and how did you move forward from it?

2. Candun

Candun Fapstronaut

You could climb the ladder of " Why aren't I as good as this person" and "If only I could have done that" forever. There is no end with that mindset, even if you get the thing you orginally wanted something else would take its place.

Pasts setbacks are in the past, its nothing more than a ghost living in your head. You really need to focus on the present and the future, which you have the power to shape and mold.

If you really feel you can't get past this specific issue, I wouldn't rule out a little therapy just to help you move on.

eevahnits likes this.
  3. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

New goal for you. prove you and everybody wrong. your goal is to be more successful than the guys that went to that university.
    Life is full of ups and downs, what matter is how you fight back after falling down.
    Weak people make excuses, feel sorry for himself and do nothing, successful people only think about what are they going to do to go back to the top and immediately take action.