1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not getting flatline

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by parshu, Apr 25, 2021.

1. parshu

parshu New Fapstronaut

This is my first post on this forum. Didn't think I'd need any help before this. I'm on day 81 today. Did a couple of 30 day streaks before this and without much trouble. But this is the longest I've gone without relapse. I keep hearing about flatline. Thats actually why I'm posting here. I didn't get flatline till now. Is there anyone who had similar experience? And more importantly by not getting flatline does that mean I won't get the benefits of abstinence? Surprisingly there's no information about this anywhere.

2. I recently went through a 35 day streak and a 50 day streak during 2021 and I don't think I ever had a real flatline. I think I am also one of those people that would have to go a lot longer before the flatline begins

parshu likes this.
  3. Are you trying to get over an addiction or are you doing retention for spiritual purposes? I think the people who suffer from the worst flatlines are the ones who are deep in their addiction.

parshu likes this.
  4. parshu

parshu New Fapstronaut

Yes I did have an addiction before. I won't say it was chronic but still too much. After doing first 30 days I got miraculous results for my social anxiety. But every time I relapsed after a streak my addiction came back and with more intensity. So I decided to do 150 days the hard way. I'm starting a new project so this time it's not only for reducing addiction but for getting that extra boost of confidence.

5. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

It's very possible your flatline is yet to come. I'm on Day 98, my longest streak ever, and started flatlining around Day 75-80 and am there now. (It sucks BTW.) This is why 90 days is anything but a magic number. For many like myself, it's the end of the beginning more than the end of the process per se.

Henryforward and parshu like this.
  6. parshu

parshu New Fapstronaut

But can you provide any more information on that or at least suggest me where I could read about it. Because at this point I think getting a flatline would help me a lot. I'm almost finishing 90 days and its extremely tiring to control everyday. It gets worse after working out.I have skipped leg day and cardio for two weeks already.

Henryforward likes this.
  7. parshu

parshu New Fapstronaut

So its not exactly 90 days. That means in theory I have to push for another 17-20 days.

Henryforward likes this.
  8. I don't know if you have ever seen the following thread but its all about people that talk about their experience with P.A.W.S including the flatline: https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...ey-cure-duration.231859/page-131#post-2951895

I think what @Rev2.0 said is spot on

You can also look up "Leonard Banks" on youtube. He quit PMO cold turkey and he has several videos where he talks about the flatline. He says that he went into flatline 3 different time during his reboot

parshu likes this.
  9. Google "kindling", it is the phenomenon that occurs when your addiction gets worse each time you relapse. The first time I quit drinking my withdrawal was surprisingly mild. After a few relapses I was drinking 24/7 and withdrawal after quitting cold turkey nearly killed me. Addiction is no joke.

It is impossible to tell who will flatline and how long and how severe it will be. If it's not bad for you consider yourself lucky and stay on the straight path. Otherwise in the future you might be one of the unfortunate ones going through reboot for years.

parshu likes this.