1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

not getting notifications. help?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by squirrel, Jul 23, 2014.

1. squirrel

squirrel Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

I don't get any notifications about posts, followed threads, etc.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

2. mattjorgs

mattjorgs Fapstronaut

Are you sure you're subscribing to the thread(s) you want notifications from? You can do it on a per-thread basis or for all threads.

For a per-thread basis:
    At the top of the thread you'll see "Thread Tools" within that will be "Subscribe to thread."
    Choose your preferences, you can either be notified only on NoFap.org, or you can chose to be emailed.

To subscribe to all threads by default:
    Go to your settings page (there's a link at the top of every page). On the left sidebar find "General Settings" under "My Settings." Scroll down a little bit. Find "Default Thread Subscription Mode." Decide between the same settings as stated above.

If you need more help, I'll do what I can!

3. squirrel

squirrel Fapstronaut

Thank you, Matthew.

Just replied, but it didn't show up. Strange.

Yes, I'm sure that I have subscribed to threads. I haven't been notified once yet, although replies have been posted.

I try the general setting and get back to you if it won't work.

Pete

Edit: Alright, I found the error. I haven't checked the boxes within my subscription panel to get notifications. Activated the general subscripion now.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  4. squirrel

squirrel Fapstronaut

Still not getting notifications ("in my control panel").