1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not-so-recent Break-up + NoFap?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BrokenHeartz, Jul 11, 2021.

1. BrokenHeartz

BrokenHeartz New Fapstronaut

Hi everyone, I initiated a break up with my ex in March, and I felt really numb for the first month and tried seeing other people but never did. Then, I started feeling anger, and now I thinking I am in the "bargaining" and "depression" stages of my recovery with lots of regret and guilt that come before the "acceptance" stage.

I saw my ex on tinder a week ago, when I was about 2 days into my current streak which triggered me to continue doing NoFap because I feel like I broke-up with my ex for reasons that PMO caused. I am about 8 days in and have no desire to relapse. I am having withdrawal from my ex, and we are still friends and actually hung out for about 2 months post breaking up, and we hung out a lot and hooked up. But then I got angry at someone likely due to the grief, causing us to separate for a while. I miss my ex considerably and we both need to heal right now. I definitely want to get back together with them, and maybe someday, that will be the case. But for now, I need to focus on bettering me thoroughly before I can reenter a relationship.

I have seen met three people at the end of June primarily, but I was not really committed to hooking up with them because I need to prioritize NoFap and I am still in a state of grief.

Question: Will doing NoFap alleviate my grief, or will I continue feeling excessive withdrawal from abstaining from my ex and NoFap?