1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not sure if it was sleep Paralysis

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sam30, Aug 8, 2020.

1. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

yesterday was very hot. i was in deep sleep but woke up half way through the morning. Then felt something was sitting on top of me coudn't move at all. I then relax myself then manage to ease my self back to normal. Told myself my mind it is nothing... what do u think people??

thinking_differently likes this.
  2. clownworld

clownworld Fapstronaut

If you couldn't move but you were conscious then it probably was a sleep paralysis.

3. Yep. Sleep paralysis. The best thing to do is close your eyes and try to drift right back to sleep. If you panic, it just becomes really uncomfortable and pretty torturous. You handled it well ^^

4. It happend a lot of time to me in !y first recovery, in the first 3 weeks every day, before i sleep i entered in a non consciousness phases.

Then wake up, can't move and had panic, and after 4-5 seconds i retake controll of my body amd wake up, trying to find a pistol and suicide myself....Valeriana Root helped me a lot.

5. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

What causes it to happen so randomly ??

6. There are quite a lot of factors, but irregular sleep is probably the most common one. It basically happens when your mind is awake but your body remains inert, as if it was dreaming in REM sleep. It has never happened to me so I cannot elaborate more; whatever advice I've given is either from a book or from a friend who also has experienced it.

7. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

The word body is inert and my mind is still awake. That was how I was feeling in bed. That night was very hot but my mind was very tired so I think the heat has got to me. I believe. It wouldn’t be a demon entering through me would it?? I just heard sometime it could be these stuff if you really believe it

8. No. I don't believe in that stuff.