1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Not texting her back... is a good thing?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Tommy_0113, May 3, 2017.

1. Tommy_0113

Tommy_0113 Fapstronaut

I'm dating a beautiful girl. For the last 2 months or so we've had a couple of lovely dates. However, in between, she is extremely quiet and rarely texts or replies to my texts. Friends say she's probably trying to keep me interested, but wait... no. It only pushes me further away. I get frustrated that a lovely date and time spent together is followed by a week of near-silence. As if the date never even happened or doesn't count for anything. We've agreed to take it slow, but I wasn't expecting snails pace!

Yes, she has a busy work schedule, but NO ONE is too busy to send a brief message or two every so often.

When she does text, I receive it on my phone, read it, wait a few minutes as to not seem too keen, and then reply. However, the other way around, she will take 6 hours-20 hours to reply. It's annoying, especially when trying to arrange a meet.
    Why are girls so flaky at messaging?

I'm currently giving it a go myself. Intentionally not replying for 2 days to 'keep her wanting'. I think it's all BS. I want to sort a meet out. Once that's done, I can handle not messaging back and forth every day, knowing we have made a plan.

Why does it work- not texting back the same day... feigning interest... being distant, mysterious... I just don't get it...
    why are girls so attracted to such douche-baggery?

2. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

That really is a mystery to me. I guess replying instantly can make you seem like you are too clingy, like you are sitting there waiting for their text, but really it doesn't make sense because everyone receives texts at the same speed. when i was in a relationship, we texted back instantly, but i guess that is not a good example because that didn't work out.

Matrix Intel likes this.
  3. Tommy_0113

Tommy_0113 Fapstronaut

It shouldn't be such a strange concept though: everyone has their phone next to them or in their pockets these days. If you get a text, you usually know about it straight away. On whatsapp it's quite intrusive, but very revealing- she will receive the message and I can she she's read it. Then she goes away without replying for the whole day. Like I mean nothing to her...
    And she does use her phone, as it always shows her online whenever I'm using the app myself.

Matrix Intel likes this.
  4. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

She's just lazy.

Problem solved.

Deadpool.420 likes this.
  5. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

It's hard to say. She may not be into you. She may not want you to think she is too clingy. She may just bee lazy like Starlord said, or maybe she really just doesn't have time to reply. Who knows. I wouldn't worry to much about it though as long as you guys have good dates. if they aren't good, she may want to distance herself from you.

6. Tommy_0113

Tommy_0113 Fapstronaut

In person she is into me. Our dates are great, but rare...
    She works night shifts at a hospital (7pm-7am) and often during the days on the weekend.
    I work 9-5 during the week, free in the evenings and on weekends.
    When she is free she is tired (sleeps during the day or gets an early night sleep in case she has a 5am start for a day shift).
    She will often go out with friends during her limited free time on the weekends.
    It's so hard to see her and it frustrates me. We can only date on the off chance she has an evening off.

I can handle her shit shifts as long as there is a bit of dialogue via our phones during the week.

HopefulChristian likes this.
  7. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

You sound a little needy to me. Good thing you're venting here and not to her because you'd probably scare her off. The woman works 12 hours a day / graveyard shift? Give her a break.

8. Tommy_0113

Tommy_0113 Fapstronaut

ha yeah don't worry, I'd never vent like this to her. Only on internet forums anonymously lol ;)

Yeah her work is tough for her, but she can still try show some interest in me when apart. It's not hard! Just a nice text every other day or so. I'm an affectionate guy to her, so having even a teeny bit back would go a long way.

9. Tommy_0113

Tommy_0113 Fapstronaut

To make it worse:
    All the while my best friend met a girl online, they text each other a few times a week, have nice chats. Flirt via text. go on dates in the evening, spend saturdays or sundays together. Both work 9-5 in the week.

I'm jealous.

10. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

true. I understand your wanting to see more of her, but maybe give her time and that will sort things out. it is hard to balance weird work hours, friends and a relationship, so it is very possible she could just be too tired.

11. The only thing worse than a girl that won't text back is one that texts all the fucking time.

You're dating a woman that doesn't feel the need to chat your ear off?! Man I guess all I can say is congratulations. Stop trying to fuck it up.

12. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Well if that's what you want, maybe you should just seek out a new person to date. I don't think circumstances are gonna change for this poor nurse. I can tell she wants to have a personal life but working 60+ hours a week can really suck the life out of a person. She most likely doesn't have the energy to feed your ego with cute texts. I imagine when she's not at work, she's sleeping until she has to get ready to go into work again the next night.

13. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

Indeed

14. How is it I both love and hate you? We're overdo for a binging session. Step into my office *opens door luringly*

15. For me I'm not much into drama, if I send a message and she replies 3 hours later more than three different occasions I lose all interest and stop texting all together, if she wants to talk she knows where to find me. It's annoying and usually they do get interested when you stop paying attention but, a girl who truly wants things to work does take time to write or call, it's not the end of the world to do so, and to not do so is a clear sign she just doesn't care so, my advice? Avoid drama, move on.

Tommy_0113 likes this.
  16. Tommy_0113

Tommy_0113 Fapstronaut

Yeah I don't want her texting all the time! I just don't want nothing either.

She's either not too interested in me, or just doesn't text guys she's dating that often. Which is fine, but I'd like to be told that somehow.

I want:
    Thursday.
    me: hey, fancy a drink on tuesday eve?
    Thursday
    her: yeah sure, see you then :) x
    her: If I can't make it, let's do wednesday instead? :) x
    Thursday
    me: cool, I'll message you on on tues x

I don't want:
    Thursday
    me: hey, fancy a drink on tuesday eve?
    Sunday
    her: oh sorry can't do tuesdays, perhaps the week after? :) x
    Sunday
    me: ok... chat soon lol x

17. tweeby

tweeby Banned

THIS girl is not into you... Have you kissed her at least?

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  18. tweeby

tweeby Banned

A guy called a woman and asked her out. The guy was nervous, was scared; he was shy.

“So we’re set for tomorrow night?”

“Umm, yeah,” she replied.

Then, tomorrow night came. The guy agonized over the date the entire day. How should he act? What shall he wear? Did he have enough money? Would he be fun enough?”

But the poor guy realized he was wasting his time worrying for there was no date. He got stood up.

Obviously, there HAD to be a reason. Perhaps something awful happened. Perhaps her car didn’t start. Perhaps some incredible thing occurred in her life AT THAT TIME that kept apart the two star crossed lovers!

So he tried again. “Did we miscommunicate?” “Oh, umm...Yeah.”

“You still want to go out?”

“Sure.”

“Let’s go out on this and this day. OK?”

“OK!”

That day comes. The guy gets stood up yet again.

But he rationalized it away. She did say she had things going on in her life. She did say that she wanted to go out with him. She did say that she wouldn’t mind spending time with him. Obviously, something had to have come up. After all, she SAID she wanted to go!

So the guy calls again and sets up another date. Likewise, he got stood up AGAIN. “Argh!” he screams to himself. “It is my fault. For I should...

“Judge by actions, not by words.”

Pook then took the young man to a wall with a majestic painting on it. The painting showed a young man, much like the young man in person, standing before a feminine monster, a sphinx!

“What is that monster?” cried the young man.

“Why,” said the Pook, “it is All Women, Mother Nature herself! This nasty sphinx devours all hearts and lives of those who cannot answer her riddle. That man, in the picture, he figured out the riddle to Woman. Thus, he became known as Don Juan.”

“And the answer to the riddle?”

“Is that there is no riddle. Woman is a sphinx with no secret. It is only our minds that we assign her secrets, mysteries, pedestals, and goddess-like status.”

Pook noticed that the young man was confused so he elaborated. “Look at the above example! Look at how the lad got stood up over and over and, yet, over and over he rationalized the standing up! How often is it that a lad rationalizes ‘signals’ to his liking? How often is it that a lad offers gifts and treasures as sacrifices to her goddess-likeness for in his mind she is a goddess? How often is it that a lad’s overactive imagination converts her disrespect, her shallowness, her flaws, into love?”

“So we paint the image we want to see?”

“Exactly! Judge by her actions and not by her words. Judge by what she does than by what your mind wants to see. Our vanity will convert the image of every disinterested girl into secretly loving us (for women tell us what we want to hear). This is why we must judge by her actions and not by her words.”

Tommy_0113 likes this.
  19. It sounds like she's not that interested at this point. I'd leave the ball in her court and stop texting her first. You may find things fizzle completely without you keeping something going. But there's no alternative. In any kind of relationship, dating or more serious, both people need to have ownership and be making efforts. You may find that eventually she realises she wants something so she will take action to make it happen.