1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Now i know the reason behing my confidence problem. Time to kick its ass

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by mapleet, May 10, 2019.

1. mapleet

mapleet Fapstronaut

I finally know why i have confidence problems around girls, i mostly described it as feeling of "i'm not good enough" and all of this came from my father. He never said to me things like "good job", "I'm proud of you" or something similiar. It always like "It was good but you could do better", "Why not [next best grade]", "next time put more effort in" and with this he gave me the feeling that i'm not good enough.
    Even after i told him that lost 19 pounds there was no "good job" or something, even after i told him i'm 4 months into "no gaming" and that i put my ass back into the right direction.
    Thats why i don't feel good enough around girls and look for approval from somewhere else.
    I have found this shit out and know i want to kick the ass of this problem !

Has anybody experienced something familiar and can help me with that ?

recon117 and llortaton like this.
  2. Bale

Bale Fapstronaut

Don't blame your parents, now you're in control of your life. The only kind of approval you need is your own. When you accomplish something, take some time to reward yourself. Keep having fun.

recon117 and mapleet like this.
  3. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

Don't seek the validation of other, don't let others decide if you should be happy or not, the only validation that you require is your own, most of the problem is in your head, how we perceive ourselves plays a huge role on the way we act in our daily lives if our self view is twisted them people will view you has just that.
    My point is if you want to better yourself do it for you, seeking the validation of other will only cause you unhappiness

Best wishes,

mapleet likes this.
  4. mapleet

mapleet Fapstronaut

You are right, thinking "It is all my parents fault" all the time and rinding this dead horse argument in my head will not do anything for me !
    It is my time to approve myself, in my country we have a saying "Self approvel stinks" but self approval is important especially for me. Time to be proud of things !

Thanks buddy !

5. mapleet

mapleet Fapstronaut

You could not say it better, i live for myself and not for anybody else !
    The only importnant validation is my validation !

Thanks buddy for your help !

6. ClickClickBoom

ClickClickBoom Fapstronaut

Keep going strong and dont let anything stand in the way of your unavoidable success

Best wishes,