Oasis of Peace

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ZenYogi, Oct 24, 2022.

What drives you most towards sobriety from PMO?

1. I want to live a better life without this addiction weighing me down

2. It’s a religious abstinence for me

3. It takes up all my time and energy I want my health back

4. I don’t want to die knowing I lived my whole life doing nothing but PMO never having lived at all

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Oh my goodness. That was hauntingly relatable. Good to see David's back on the up and up. Yeah. My boxing story is really not that addictive for me. But honestly. I feel like I'd be better off just reading books after watching David say he spent 18-20 hours a day on WC2. >(0_-)***** Owch. I'm so glad I figured out that there are some games I can play safely (and which I can't). Yea that's a long binge. Phew. I've been trying to take walks to break up screen time. Hows the fallout been since finishing fallout? =P

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  2. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Om

I'm embracing the gardener mentality. 'A watched flower never blooms.' It needs it's space. Sure, water, weeding, fertilizer, fresh air and sunshine. But, it also needs time to just breathe. To enjoy the peace of silence. So too does my rib bruise. My own thoughts about things that I have no control over. I want to let these things be. I'll check in and do the right things to care for them and the rest of the time focus my mind elsewhere. On something that I can feel positive and happy about.

Like, I just finished reading a Muay Thai and a Calisthenics book. I'm very happy about this. I'll finish either a psychology book or a BJJ book next. =)

And I'm gonna play that silly boxer game today. Lol I'm the world champ in it =P

Om

3. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Ommmmmmmmm

alright so, I feel sleepy and full. I ate a lot of cheese. Om, hoo. I think I did like 3k steps today that's proper that's the goal for rest days.

1.5 miles. Ommmmmmm guess I got 10 mins to sit on my comfy chair then I'll ask my supervisor for help with getting free CEUs and if they can reassure me that I'm in good hands at SonderMind.

Omm....I wonder if anyone from nofap would actually become one of my therapy clients. They'd have to live in one of two specific USA states tho.

My cat won't chew the silvertine stick yet. But he will. Ommm there's a food hall opening down the street. Can't wait to try it.

I'm socializing. Mhmm!!!! Yea!!!! Socializering!!!! Let's do it yeah!!!!

:) :)

okay

4. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Om

We all have busy lives. We have something going on. If our lives seem uneventful, we're probably dealing with our own demons on the inside.

Persevere Ya'll

Om

5. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

I feel like this is when it’s a challenge when I do makeout and that’s all. The next day I’ll be groaning. Lol.

im just laying around with my cat. Good thing I got him or I’d be having a much harder time resting.

Playing deeply addicting games is not helpful. Even though I don’t overtrain I also don’t recover as well. Especially if it means hours of screen time and staying up late with minimal nutrition.

my goal for the day is to get the dishes or meal prep done. Thats a gold star for the day.*

Both is two gold stars. **

6. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Om sighs I did it again. I ate Tabasco and all day my tummy’s been aching so much I can’t barely walk across the room.

grateful for my cat and ps5 keeping me occupied

7. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

I’m hungry but all I can eat is probably plain food like white pasta rice or cheerios

8. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

Yeah it’s a drag. Whatever I’ll be fine.

om gonna throw away all the hot sauce (-__-) again .

im too poor to afford mma classes now my ribs getting better or a small vacation with my partner

9. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

There’s some silver linings though. I had time to finish two books. And I made a plan.

When I’m feeling all better I’m going to either bulk up with the homemade muscle program with minimal mma training. Or I’m going to try to do Christoph Delphs mma amateur program.

Im leaning towards the bulking up option. Maybe three month bulk and I’m good to go.

While I’m bulking I want one day a week where I just drill solo bjj movements and twenty minutes of shadowboxing. That’d be ideal

10. ZenYogi

ZenYogi Fapstronaut

What would that look like?

Tues Th Sat Full body calisthenics.
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday break. Sunday Running. Jeez that’s a lotta rest that the author prescribes. Suppose that’s correct though. He’s the author.

He said to rest the day before every training session. Like dang. He also recommends I think, lemme get the book

well he has the simple workout of

pull-up
    Chinup
    Weighted lunge
    Push up
    Leg raise
    Prone cobra

that’s nice. Btw you have to go deep enough that you could kiss the floor each push up.

the next level adds dips

the next levels adds bodyweight rows and handstand push ups.

I’d just be doing pike push ups and wall handstands to start. Honestly I want to sign up for personal training with this guy.

Idk tho what he cost and if I can afford it in the next few months. Bummer I’m so broke right now.

Hmph it’ll come. I’ll train myself as hard as I can the next few months till I can afford mma and personal training.

Sighs

I’m using this boxing manager rpg to help myself improve at saving money because I need to improve at it. Even when I have lots of money I just keep saving and putting it into savings in the game. Even though the store in the game is selling lots of cool items I don’t buy any. I just keep saving just to save like the psychology of money book says to do. It’ll carry over into my real life I believe. This is because I think of the store as Amazon and saving the game money as saving in real life.