1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

OMAD Diet

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by Kairose, Jun 23, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Hey guys I want to try OMAD. Anyone has tried it?

• I've been doing intermittent fasting 4/20 and I liked the results! The problem is that If I go to a friend's house or even to a meeting is really hard for me to say no to food lol (it's awkward to be the only one who's not eating, or even to refuse the invitation). ¿Maybe I should turn my omad to that specific food? E.g. I would normally eat at 3pm but if someone invites me to dinner I'd delay my meal of that day to like 9pm. ¿That'd be okay?
    • I'm not really fat I just want the benefits of the omad diet. ¿Still advisable?
    • ¿How should I start?

A Conqueror likes this.
  2. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

I'm also interested in trying it, but as of now now. I will stick to intermittent fasting (18/6/) been doing it for around 5 years, initially my body mass suffered I became skinny as fuck hahah, but then my system got used to it. Regarding the awkwardness of rejecting food, I know that feel. In those cases I just eat, the first year I didn't accept anything though, but I felt "fanatical". So i have breakfast roughly around 5-10 times a year, and my system doesn't suffer.
    If you ever decide to try OMAD let me know, I will be interested in your results

Kairose likes this.
  3. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Whoa why did IF made you skinny? I thought it stimulates the "growing hormone" that makes your muscles grow. We're you lifting at that time?

I was just reading opinions about it. And found a guy who would switch from OMAD to 18/6. Like Monday OMAD, Tuesday 18/6, Wednesday OMAD, etc.

This gave me a solution to our problem. What if you always do OMAD at 3 or 4pm but if you have to eat with others you just accept and do 18/6 (or so) instead? That way you're always fasting whithout feeling like a fanatic lol. I think I'll try to do it.

A Conqueror likes this.
  4. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

I'm sure I lost fat and muscle mass, because I remember vividly seeing my chest flat and my legs chickeny. But I'm not sure if I was doing other shit alongside. I liked doing experiments with my body, trying regimes, sleeping methods, theories, seeing what works best, etc. I've even tried sun gazing.

But the thing is that I was not exercising and, I just cut breakfast and continue doing the same, unlike now, I even eat more in those 2 meals than I did having 3 meals. So I'm not skinny anymore, In fact I have to lose a bit of fat on my stomach.

Yes, this sound like an interesting idea, never heard it before, please post your findings.

Kairose likes this.
  5. Vanguard76

Vanguard76 Fapstronaut

Hey guys, my apologies for a bit of a late reply. I'm still brand new but I figured I could contribute here as I've done Keto / OMAD for far longer than I have NoFap. It hasn't been insanely long, but nevertheless if this is looked down upon I apologize.

I've been on and off a lower-carb / ketogenic OMAD diet for the better part of six years. When I'm on it, I see very positive results, but I slowly go into it. It takes roughly two weeks of adherence to the diet to adapt, and slowly transition into what would be considered a stricter window. I don't set any real deadlines, but rather I make it a point to listen to my body and try and feed myself optimally for what I'll be doing. For example, whenever I end up doing OMAD, it's not out of an adherence to it at first. It happens somewhat naturally when I cut down my carbs and eat whole simple meals. For the most part, I eat shredded chicken made out of chicken thighs cooked in a pressure cooker, usually 3-4 thighs worth which is 500 calories, but I'll add butter or a low carb tortilla. Usually that'll be a pre-workout meal, but somedays I add certain things to it like some cheese that make it sustainable for the rest of the day, however I'll still have a small meal at the end of the day / window. Now when I start doing an OMAD routine, this is usually when I have switched to beef or fattier cuts of meat. I haven't found a way in the pressure cooker that works for those, not yet anyways, but flank steak and butter, with whatever green vegetables I get tends to be enough of a meal for me to last until the same time the next day, energy expenditure taken into account.

To a degree I found that the method you described above, doing certain days OMAD and others I/F, is the routine I find works the best for me in the long term. I've lost the most weight doing it, and I've been adherent to it since early January. On days when I need more energy for more physical work and training, I eat that additional meal of shredded chicken or if I'm low, I grab a tuna pouch with some mayo. My body runs on fat for fuel, as I've adjusted, and I feel like Steve Rogers after a good clean meal. But most of the time, if I'm at my desk studying or not performing too heavily during a day, a single meal works great and I've lost a lot of fat while also somehow building my muscles. I do not understand the mechanics of this fully, but from what I've read the protein has something to do with it.

For social occasions, I'd just have a diet coke and enjoy the conversation. I reframed food (after a lot of effort) as more a fuel source rather than a pleasure source, though I still use it as a reward occasionally if its healthy. IE, mixed green poke bowl with no sugary sauce. You might have to experiment with that. If you know ahead of time you'll be going out, save your meal window for that, and maybe eat a snack prior to keep you going. When you're legitimately hungry, and you feel your body needs energy, you might want to increase what you eat and add either more volume or more nutritious ingredients depending on what that looks like. I've found there to be a true sort of balance when going about it this way. When I'm hungry, it's usually within my window (98% of the time) and I can eat and be fully satisfied and full until the next window without even thinking about food. If you like black coffee, you'll certainly have that as a boon during your fasts but I cannot stand it. I drink a lot of diet coke, which is another habit I'm replacing with lots of water and the occasional Zevia. But honestly, if the company is good and you can find a healthy option that won't tank your results, go for it. Enjoy yourself responsibly and keep your morale up. Maybe do an extra workout later, like some light cardio or something to burn off the extra energy if it truly concerns you. But once in a while won't destroy you.

This works for me, but your mileage may vary. But that's been my experience so far. Gym time, when I had it (though now I work out at home exclusively), is a struggle. Your energy can burn out fast, so keep that in mind. I know Keto Athletes and Tactical Athletes who will eat something with a ordinary amount of carbs (30-50g) prior to physical workout that they know they'll burn and will give them the energy they need to complete it. Of course there's also a wealth of pre-workout products which can fit most dietary needs, and those may help depending on your relationship with caffeine. Energy drinks nearly killed me two years ago, so I keep my distance from heavy doses of caffeine, but you may find these are incredibly helpful should you choose to follow IF / OMAD.

Hope this provided somewhat of an insight. You can do this all without keto too, that's just what I find works for me. But I know plenty who do simple plant-based or whole foods diets that see amazing results while also following this program. I should clarify that my personal goal is fat loss and endurance training, so you certainly won't have to be as strict as I do.