1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

On and off for 2 years

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by grandliterature, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Hello everyone,

I'm 29 years old male. I don't quite remember when it all started, but I've been escaping using PMO for roughly 15 years. Until about 2 years ago, I didn't think of it as a major issue. Then it got out of hand. You all probably know the story. I was doing it several times a day and for hours at a time to the point of soreness. It wasn't pleasurable anymore, but I literally couldn't stop.

I remember the first time I came across r/nofap late in 2016. I thought it was ridiculous. After all those years, I couldn't imagine how could anyone go 90 days without PMO. And why would someone want to? Unthinkable. I read a few posts anyway, and to my surprise, they sounded painfully familiar.

Over the next few months, I dug deeper into the available resources (thanks you, guys!) and learned about the mechanics of the addiction. While still in denial, I challenged myself: if I weren't addicted then, surely, I could go a month or two without fapping? Needless to say, I was crawling on the walls and relapsed after two weeks. That was the longest I've gone without PMO since my teens, an eye-opening experience.

I kept going and learning and had some good streaks eventually (the last one being 36 days in Jan/Feb). But the addiction proved to be much more insidious than I thought. Two years in, I don't think that I can beat it alone.

I had a brief spell of delayed ejaculation which disappeared completely after I moved away from heavy use to intermittent relapses. Right now, my problem is endless justification leading to a relapse and binges when I do.

In here, I'm hoping to find support and accountability and, of course, give back as much as I can to fellow new fapstronauts!

Jerry120 likes this.
  2. Jerry120

Jerry120 Fapstronaut

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing your story. My story is similar to yours in the sense that I tried recovery without nofap and then I finally decided to join earlier this year. We need human connections. Without that there is no way to fight addiction. AA is all based on building new connections with your AA group. Check in everyday and you will find the fellowship you need here. If you feel anything is lacking and there is anything more we can do to help, please reach out. Lots of strong members here who are willing to take the time and help.

Good luck in your recovery! Congratulations on taking the first step towards a not sustainable recovery!

grandliterature likes this.