1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

On moderation

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

Thinking over this idea: I don't want to repress my sexuality, but I don't want to use it for sin, nor be controlled by it. I want to use it to be a better man.

Sometimes there are things that are totally fine to do (for me, this could be sleeping au naturale), but some days we are out of balance enough that we shouldn't do them if we want to stay on the path. This doesn't have to be self-repression, only moderation. A warrior doesn't run around with all his weapons out all the time. Sometimes that is OK for him to do because he is using them. Other times, they would just get in the way and he might end up hurting himself. Sometimes we sheath the sword, not because we hate the sword or think it is evil. We sheath it because we appreciate how powerful it is. We wouldn't want that power to be wasted on something harmful when we know how much good it can do.

TBC...

Joe M. likes this.
  2. Joe M.

Joe M. Fapstronaut

Good thoughts. I too have abandoned sleeping sans clothes for the time being. And you saw my post on the trimming musing. Normal routine things that can have an impact on our fragile state while we go through this journey.

It's all about stopping trouble before it arises, so moderation must be considered until we can properly possess and utilize the sexual power granted by God.

Vir likes this.
  3. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

4. Joe M.

Joe M. Fapstronaut

@Vir No. I was once, a long time ago. But haven't been married since.

Vir likes this.
  5. Vir

Vir Fapstronaut

I think single Christian men can have need to express themselves sexually in some healthy way. Maybe that's keeping trimmed, even if no one will see it. Maybe it's sleeping sans clothes. I find it helps a ton to bring the Lord into all of that. If God and I can do such things together, great. If not, then I'm headed for trouble.
    Maybe that resonates, maybe not.

Tao Jones likes this.