1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

On noctural emissions / wet dreams / night exposure.

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Amarion, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

Okay guys,

I know these things are "natural" but since my reboot I had a lot of them.... Like, perhaps, one every 10 days. And the thing is it sets you back and slow your recovery...

Do you know how to prevent / stop them ?

Thank you !

2. Souhail

Souhail Fapstronaut

I really think you should read the soaring eagle , I think in season 4 he wrote about wet dreams and how to stop them .
    The soaring eagle is a chinese fapstronaut who is very successful with Nofap and who have created a full guide for Nofap .
    Just type in google the soaring eagle Nofap

3. Agreed with @Souhail . Download book from here and start reading. Read the chapter 4. I did read it during my initial days and n my 100+ days span now, I had it only thrice. All the best :)

Deleted Account and Amarion like this.
  4. To be honest, I didnt/don't find them being an obstacle to recovery . I actualy really hate it when it happens .
    As for stopping them, its all about keeping the hands away and not watching anything "bad". Its not like a way to stop all of them because they are quite natural.

Deleted Account and Amarion like this.
  5. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

I have already read it thanks to you @Rajat Kumar. I'm doing the Eight Brocade Exercise every two days but I still have noctural emissions... Perhaps I'm doing the exercise not efficiently or I don't know... My essence gate is terrible I guess lol

6. That may be the reason. It would take a while may be tight the screws before the gate gets stronger ;). Is your dinner by any means heavy? I avoid eating anything after 8 pm and it's been certainly of a great help. I am sure you are working on improving your mental clarity too. The issue is minor and should be fixed.

I too used to hate the feeling post the wet dream. A little depressed, moody and out of energy. Keep doing sincere rebooting. That's all!!

Amarion likes this.
  7. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

I hope so !
    My dinner is not heavy. I essentially eat breads, butter, tomotoes, cheese,ham and fruits such as apple and so. I always eat at around 7pm.

I'm trying !

I too. We are doing fine, everything is okay and suddenly noctural emissions happend. We didn't understand how and why it happends. We feel ashamed, lost, frustrating, unmotivated. It slows our reboot and recovery and weakened our body

8. Try the sixth Tibetan Rite. I read somewhere that it was designed specifically for wet dream prevention for celibate monks. It rises Chi energy up. Practice every day right before bedtime for multiple repetitions. There is Youtube video for visual example:
    Written instructions I copy pasted from one of the comments under YouTube video:

"Exercise Proper: Stand

1) Tensing Phase:

a) Stand straight up and slowly let all of the air out of your lungs. As you do this, bend over and put your hands on your knees. Force out the last trace of air, and then, with the lungs empty, return to a straight up posture.
    b) Place your hands on your hips, and press down on them. This will push your shoulders up. As you do this, pull in the abdomen as much as possible, and at the same time raise the chest.

Said another way, tense all of your muscles, scrunch up your shoulders, clench your fists and place them on your hips. Claw your feet into the ground. Try to stay like this for a slow count of ten.

c) Hold this position as long as you possibly can if you can't make it to the end. When you are finally forced to take air into your empty lungs, let the air flow in through the nose.

2) Relaxation Phase:

a) When the lungs are full, exhale through the mouth. As you exhale, relax your arms, letting them hang naturally at your sides.

b) Then take several deep breaths through the mouth or nose, allowing them to escape through either the mouth or nose. The object is to completely relax between each of the Tensing Phases.

3) Repeat the rite if needed, but once is usually all you need."

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018
    Amarion likes this.
  9. EmmyB

EmmyB Fapstronaut

Don't look at stimulating material or entertain sexual fantasies

Definitely don't touch!

Avoid sugary foods, caffeine, chocolate. Especially from mid afternoon onward

If you're a guy, wear a preventer. It'll wake you up if you get an erection at night, before you can ejaculate.

Amarion likes this.
  10. What is a preventer? Never heard of this.
    Erection is not a requirement of wet dream for men. Sometimes it resembles urination more than an ejaculation...

How would a "preventer" would wake me up tho? Is it some kind of device that you put on and it makes alarm sound as it notices erection increasing? Or maybe it shocks me with electricity to wake me up? What is this so called preventer that you mention lol? :emoji_open_mouth:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2018
  11. EmmyB

EmmyB Fapstronaut

A preventer is a metal ring that goes round the penis, I think the base. It has teeth on the inside. When he gets an erection it hurts, so he wakes up. Lots of monks wear them and I think maybe priests too. If a guy has a wet dream without an erection it wouldn't work, but I think that could be rare. So hopefully it stops most of them.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Interesting. Never heard of it.

13. Ha! What kind of interesting stuff people do not make up huh? I like my idea of alarm sound making device better though. Maybe it could make a sound of a rooster...

Yea no, I very much prefer the sixth Tibetan Rite instead. Works just as well in my experience (also works for women too by the way).

14. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

Had a really interesting experience the last time I slept.

I work graveyard shifts security, and sleep sometime during the day. I'm also working on a project for a nonprofit that is totally unrelated.

Well, an aspect of the project and dealing with someone was really upsetting me today. I went to bed and to sleep really angry. I ended up having a very dark sexual fantasy while I slept, and was dreaming I was masturbating during it. I actually became aware of it and stopped myself mid-dream. I later woke up a bit shaken, but I did not have a nocturnal emission; it seems I was able to prevent that.

I quickly realized that my anger as I was going to sleep probably brought up that imagery in my subconscious.

EmmyB likes this.
  15. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

Also, I'm now almost 56 days in hard mode no PMO, and on this iteration have yet to have a wet dream. I think being mindful of my thoughts and shutting down fantasies while I'm awake has played a big part in that.

EmmyB likes this.