1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

On the Journey

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I've been actively participating in the online nofap/PMO community since about February this year with some successes and of course failures. But I've learned a lot from other members and receive great encouragement by their stories, ideas, strategies, and motivation. I hope to share some of mine with you, too. It's a slow process for me of rewiring the mind.

I've learned that we come from a wide variety of backgrounds but we all have one thing in common: a journey towards a fulfilling life.

I'm young, married with kids, and a devout Catholic. I love spending time with my family and learning about my faith. Working is a struggle since I work alone on the computer and often with little supervision. I'm an engineer/project manager at a small office. I'm working on interacting more with others, being productive and diligent, but I may have a case of ADHD that I'm looking into. Any strategies for being a good worker are welcomed!

My username is from the book Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross which describes a period of darkness where all souls experience a feeling of being separated from God. As we know, and as St. John describes, feelings are not always what they seem and can be deceiving. It's also a word play on the The Dark Knight Batman movie, from which my favorite line is:

Thanks again for your support.

2. I should add I'm going for 10 days. My best streaks hover around 10 days but I've been in a slump lately. Will add my streak counter shortly.