On the Path of the Wild Hunt

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Cirilla, Jan 3, 2022.

1. C.F. Gauß

C.F. Gauß Fapstronaut

It seemes you are already weighing once a day at about the same time, maybe you could now calculate your avarage weight for each week and start to look at that, if that doesnt go down for more than two weeks then that might be problem.
    Its normal for your weight to fluctuate relativley strongly on a day by day basis.
    I would also recommend having an eye on your fiber intake because you probably want your gut to stay active.
    Although I have to say that I am not too experienced with keto, I do know that it was always detremental to my wellbeeing when my gut started to slow things down because of lacking throughput.
    Hope this helps you

2. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Maybe you are trying to do too much at once. I was a bodybuilder and am just getting started back. In the bodybuilding world, you want to put size on slow and over time. The weight fluctuations could be water retention too. Consider taking weekly measurements. You can view my log in the fitness section to see how I do it. The scale can be up and down but the tape measure is much more consistent. Finally, instead of eating just one meal a day, consider eating several small meals throughout the day.

3. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

Thank you both very much for these insightful messages. I knew most of what you were saying but I appreciate you taking the time to pass by and write this for me. I have a very simple answer: I started my periods today, which I didn't knew cause last time I completely forgot to track. So this might very, very, very well be water retention indeed, though I have read a lot about keto supposedly being a diuretic diet, which is why I was confused yesterday, and why I lost weight so quickly at once at the beginning.

Thank you C.F. for this week average idea. Apple already proposes that so that's perfect, going to try to focus more on that than a daily basis. I'll continue to weigh myself every day, no matter the results, simply because it is a mean for me to be honest with myself and to build discipline. I consume a lot of vegetables already, I have at LEAST one serving of green vegetables every single meal plus at least 2 servings of vegetables a day. So I think my fiber is okay, I'm not constipated at all which you can sometimes be when you start keto. So I would answer you that my fibre intake is fine for now but I'm going to keep monitoring it. Thanks again!

jw2021, I actually have read your journal before you wrote this message and found it extremely interesting, and also you're super courageous for starting again, big props to you, I wish I had the discipline over my body of a bodybuilder. I agree with you in the sense that I am so glad I quit fasting for now. It just was, indeed, too much. Thank you for the insightful tips. I actually remembered I have a tape measurer at home, I'll pick it up tomorrow and start taking measurements. I'll go look at your journal again to see how to do it! I actually have more than a meal a day, my bad, I realise the way I write makes it look like I do, but no I eat around 3-5 times a day when I'm not fasting :) It's difficult though because I have a history of BED (binge eating disorder) and so I need to be extremely careful with snacking.

Thank you both again!

jw2021 likes this.
  4. Re-Life2010

Re-Life2010 Fapstronaut

I used to do 10k steps a day and it change my energy levels allot. Played DDR and In The Groove both amazing arcade rhythm games which helped get me my steps in. Once I get out of quarantine I think it's time to get back into this, it definitely put me more in shape and clearer minded with endorphins kicking in for the rest of the day.
    Highly suggest doing this. Even it means taking extra time to go out side for a walk, get to it!

I have a stomach and my goal is to be firm and lean, well grounded. We could both tackle this?

jw2021 likes this.
  5. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

I've actually been doing that already! I almost put in the amount of steps in my daily roster on this journal, but in the end since I always do more than 10K I decided against it. Personally I use Weward to motivate myself, it's an app that gives you cash for the amount of steps you walk each day basically. Thanks for the games ideas, gamification is hugely important to me! I already walk at the bare minimum 30mins a day.

You are most welcome to tackle this, but please please please not on this journal. It's my only safe haven on the internet and I would very much like it if I remain the only poster on it :)

jw2021 likes this.
  6. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

Day 10. 67 days left before the half marathon.

Weigh in: 71.6kgs/157.8lbs
    Exercise: walking, bodyweight squats
    Rings: 10h up, 101mins exercise, 743 calories burned
    Activity challenge: 9.4kms walked/ran, 135..2 total
    Walk To Mordor: 97kms left
    Nutrition: could be better, I have no food left at home so I'm grinding on my pantry, it wasn't super nutritious, at least it was keto
    Hydration: 0.7L electrolytes, 0.4L herbal tea, 0.6L water, monster ultra
    Mindfulness: 30 koroks
    Pomodoros: 8

First day of my period which could explain the weight gain. Dreading the 1h run tomorrow, but excited at the same time… Groceries tomorrow. Looking for a big keto haul

jw2021 likes this.
  7. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

Day 11. 66 days left before the half marathon. Session 5 with Decat' Coach.

Weigh in: 71.5kgs/156.5lbs
    Exercise: 1h run with no walking, much better pace, walking
    Rings: 9h up, 92mins exercise, 987 calories burned
    Activity challenge: 11.9kms walked/ran, 147.2 total
    Walk To Mordor: 86kms left, planning to finish around Jan 23
    Nutrition: healthiest and also tastiest keto I've had all week I'm so happy.
    Hydration: 0.7L electrolytes, 1L water, monster ultra paradise, 0.4L herbal tea
    Mindfulness: completed a puzzle while watching asmr, no video games
    Pomodoros: 9

Stayed on my ass all day except for the run but I worked so much! Super happy! I NEED to remember that my desk is a sit stand desk and I can put in stand position any time I want. I'm so glad I keep this journal, see my day to day progress is incredible to me

jw2021 likes this.
  8. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

It is so comforting to me to know that if I keep being this consistent and dedicated for 6 months straight, I will get the exact results I wish for so badly. Like it's just going to happen. The only thing I need to do is to repeat the process day, after day, after day. It doesn't have to be boring. It doesn't have to be repetitive. I can get creative. I can switch things up. But the basis stays the same. Show up, get stuff done, rinse, repeat. It's not rocket science, you don't need 987654678 degrees. You just gotta work hard. I'm unbelievably happy to see how much my mindset has changed for this part of my journey. I have the best, the healthiest outlook I've had ever since I ever tried to lose weight, back to 2014. I've ran a half marathon in 2015 with no training. I finished it in 2h45 with lots of walking. I just want to not walk this time. That's my only goal. And I'm willing to train hard for that. No matter how many tries it takes. I haven't taken pics of measurements yet, I need to add them on my to do list but I'm waiting for my periods to be over, but I care exclusively about how I feel and I feel incredibly good, the fact that I'm not at my lowest adult weight means nothing compared to the fact that I'm the healthiest I've been in years.

jw2021 likes this.
  9. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

If I keep going at the same pace, here's my estimated time for the half marathon:
    pace half.png

Compared to the minimum pace I need to do to finish sub 3h:
    pace.png

Interesting...

jw2021 likes this.
  10. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

Day 12. 65 days left before the half marathon.

Weigh in: 71.6kgs/Xlbs
    Exercise: just walking
    Rings: 13h up, 100mins exercise, 761 calories burned
    Activity challenge: 10.7kms walked/ran, 157.9 total
    Walk To Mordor: 75kms left
    Nutrition: satisfying, healthy, clean, tasty keto, with lots of vegetables. Huge progress. Still think I consume too much carbs
    Hydration: 0.7L electrolytes, 0.8L herbal tea, redbull sugarfree, mini diet coke
    Mindfulness: posted on r/progresspics (damn I worked too much I can't find anything else)
    Pomodoros: 12

Sat on my ass all day long to work so I'm glad I could find some time to go for a walk. I'm starting to cook better and so I enjoy what I eat more. I still hate keto but it just works. Excited for my periods to end and for water retention to dissipate! Also the reactions on Reddit were amazing, super happy. I climbed up to a 3% lead on Walk to Mordor, which means I'll probably be done roughly on Jan 22. So exciting. I've been working on this for a year literally! I started Feb 1st 2021! 15% lead tonight on the Activity challenge which is quite astonishing. And with 1h15 of run planned tomorrow, I hope it will only increase :)

jw2021 likes this.
  11. DiegoSR

DiegoSR Fapstronaut

Congrats for your progress!

jw2021 likes this.
  12. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

Forgot to say: I need better work snacks, dark chocolate and peanut butter isn't ideal, was thinking of cucumber sticks and cream cheese. Or something else, but not something as carby as this.

Thank you so much :)

jw2021 likes this.
  13. Great list. So well thought out. You've got me inspired...Best of luck!

Cirilla and jw2021 like this.
  14. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

Day 13. 65 days left before the half marathon. Session 6 with Decat' Coach.

Weigh in: 70.6kgs/154.3lbs
    Exercise: 8.44kms/1h15 run, 4kms walk, more walking
    Rings: 14h up, 175mins exercise, 1491 calories burned (400% of my goal)
    Activity challenge: 24.2kms walked/ran, 182.1 total
    Walk To Mordor: 50kms left
    Nutrition: went to the restaurant with my friend and had a really clean keto meal, and made a healthy clean keto meal for myself on the evening :) Ultra tasty day!
    Hydration: 0.7L electrolytes, 0.8L herbal tea, 0.5L water
    Mindfulness: had an amazing time with my friend and enjoyed every second of the day, watched Harry Potter 7 pt2 with him
    Pomodoros: 2

HELL. WHAT A FCKN DAY. Got more than 34000 steps in!!!! 1kg less than yesterday!!!!! End of my periods!!!!! Still got two pomodoros in!!!!

Well this very simply was one of the best runs of my life. I ran 8.4kms in 1h15 which is incredibly slow but who cares, with the 10km NRC guided run, no music. My posture was perfect, my pace was ideal, my respiration was rhythmic. And the scenery was beautiful, started with thick fog then sun on my way back. It was -3 Celsius and I changed my clothes, and they were so much better. I'm so happy. It made me excited for the training to come. Though I will probably finish the half in 3h, it's okay. I'd rather be slow and not walk!!!

Also holy shit, I bought some cold infuse herbal tea and this shit tastes like water reinvented. SO fckn good, it's gonna make me drink much much more. Completely clean ingredients as well.

Happy as fuck, progress on all aspects even the scale

jw2021 likes this.
  15. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Hello! Congratulations you look really determined. That's awesome!

I have to tell you this, keto diet may make your body enter in a "artificial fasting" state effect. But it harms your kidneys and liver, it's a harmful metabolic state. You should not stay in ketosis unless your doctor tells you to do so! (I know this because my mother is a nutritionist)
    Try to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, no added sugar, eat less meat and flour. With a diet like this and exercise I lost 10kg pretty fast.

I recommend you to do HIIT exercise, you'll notice improvements in no time. This girl is awesome for that:
    https://m.youtube.com/c/growingannanas

Good luck and God bless you! :emoji_muscle:

16. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

Appreciated, but it works for me, I'm doing it super safely, carefully and healthily, it is totally under my control, and I will continue doing it until I reach the desired effect :) The only thing I will do more is to add magnesium supplements and more sodium. I am super well informed and I've done my research as profoundly as I could. I am now able to outweigh the benefits and detriments fo this diet. I will absolutely NOT do it in the long run. It is only because that's the only way I've ever lost weight; ever, in my entire life of trying.

I'm sure you've read it already but I do eat a lof of veggies, I don't do fruits cause well I'm on keto, and I try to control my meat. The thing is, with my history of BED, I just cannot "eat clean". I need something super restrictive. It's a long story. Anyway, again I appreciate but I won't change anything!

As for HIIT, thanks for the link but for now I'm too focused on the half marathon training to have time for anything else :)

God bless you as well, thank you for passing by!

jw2021 and Kairose like this.
  17. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

No problem! I really hope you don't have any problems because of ketosis! I understand and respect that everyone can do whatever they want, just wanted to help.

jw2021 likes this.
  18. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

Please, no worries at all, I didn't took any offence in what you wrote, on the contrary I really do appreciate you caring. I also have an accurate machine that testes blood glucose and ketones, you know like the ones diabetics use, so if I feel something is off I will make sure to remember to test my blood :)

jw2021 and Kairose like this.
  19. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

Day 14. TWO WEEKS! 64 days left before the half marathon.

Weigh in: 68.1kgs/150.1lbs before bowel movement
    Exercise: walking, bodyweight squats
    Rings: 12h up, 93mins exercise, 602 calories burned
    Activity challenge: 8.7kms walked/ran, 190.8 total
    Walk To Mordor: 41kms left
    Nutrition: healthy clean keto with lots of vegetables and nuts, fatty fish
    Hydration: 0.7L electrolytes, 1.4L herbal tea
    Mindfulness: chilled with my friend
    Pomodoros: 9

This weigh in OMG… I lost 3.7kgs total… I'm 25% done with my goal… My BMI dropped from obese to overweight. ENORMOUS victory. I'm going to start taking magnesium and sodium supplements by the way. With keto I lose a lot of water weight. So close to finished Walk To Mordor, it'll be done this week for sure

jw2021 likes this.
  20. Cirilla

Cirilla Badass Mod
    Staff Member

As I reach the two weeks mark, and a one month streak as well, I would like to jolt down some non scale victories and improvements I have noticed.

1. Much clearer skin when not in my periods (my skin is always bad before it), actually my skin is literally clear: fewer blemishes and red spots, fewer pimples and blackheads, my skin is hydrated and my pores are more tightened.
    2. I lose much less hair.
    3. My nails are stronger.
    4. I have a much better personal hygiene due to running.
    5. I can wear my workout clothes who are in size S.
    6. I am less bloated.
    7. My mindset is way better than my previous attempts.
    8. I feel more confident in my appearance, though it is still difficult.
    9. My joints are less stiff and painful due to me stretching when running and doing bodyweight squats during pomodoros breaks.
    10. I am keeping my libido in check and my streak is extremely clean.
    11. Much less headaches.
    12. Improved depression symptoms (partly due to my antidepressants, obviously).
    13. Better focus during long periods of time ever since I started pomodoros.
    14. Fewer brain fog.
    15. Much better endurance as I build up the sessions for the half marathon training.
    16. I am learning to cook and enjoy much more the food I put in my body.
    17. I make more accurate and thought of decisions regarding my health.
    18. I feel way more hydrated than when I drank 2L a day, because I am much more conscious of it.
    19. I keep hitting PRs on Nike Run Club.
    20. I keep busting the challenges and deadlines I set myself.
    21. My sleep is much deeper and I fall asleep more easily.
    22. I wake up early more easily.
    23. I am more patient.
    24. I am more optimistic.
    25. I am more grateful.
    26. I am less anxious.
    27. I am more accepting.
    28. I am less stressed, and when I am, I handle it better.
    29. My mood swings are in check for now.
    30. My periods WERE NOT PAINFUL, which is absolutely extraordinary, insanely exceptional.
    31. Mental health is thoroughly improved.
    32. Much fewer sugar cravings.
    33. Though I still have some, less carbs cravings, and I handle them better.
    34. I feel way more in control of my food, I have a healthier relationship with it.
    35. I learned to carefully read labels.
    36. I am eating to satiety and listen to my body.
    37. Food is no longer a reward or comfort.
    38. I am way better at identifying cravings and hunger.
    39. I am more knowledgeable about nutrition.
    40. More energy in the morning.
    41. More energy to exercise.
    42. I am consistent with my training routine.
    43. I get way more steps in.
    44. I reach 200% of my calories burned goal way more often.
    45. I don't have any cigarettes cravings anymore and I'm able to lower the nicotine content in my vape.
    46. I feel fitter.

And most importantly…

I am way fucking happier.