1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One Good Thing from Fasting

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by KOD19, Mar 1, 2020.

1. KOD19

KOD19 Fapstronaut

So like I said in another posted, I did a sun up to sundown fast the past few days. It turned out to be mostly a disaster but I did get one good thing out of it.

I was feeling a little delusional on Thursday after work and on my way home decided to stop by this store where I met a young lady a few days earlier. We started chatting a bit and she helped me get connected with some clubs in the area since I'm pretty new here. I couldn't tell if she was flirting with me or not so I said thank you and ended walking out the store. On this day, I decided to go back to the store - buy something I didn't really need as an excuse - and ask her out. It went almost as planned. Luckily, she was at the front desk working again. I ran around a bit looking for an item. She came over and helped me find something was looking for and rang me up at the cash register.

After I pay for everything, I stand around a little bit just chatting with her. Found out she was 22 and finishing up her senior year in college. A little younger than I anticipated. I'm about to be 26, but the gap isn't too crazy. She kept dropping hints about connecting me with people so I took that as a sign she wants to get to know me too. Then I rambled a little bit because I was nervous. Talk about my fasting and hard it is. I used it as a lead up to ask her out to dinner some time. The look on her face was fucking great. She was absolutely flattered that I asked her. She said she sort of had another guy she was talking to and I told her it doesn't need to be a date. We can just get to know each other. She gave me her IG handle (which must be a GenZ thing b/c that's happened to me 3 times since I moved up here) and told me to hit her up some time. We said our goodbyes and I walked out.

I was doing my absolute best to not freak out as I walked to the car. I had to walk by the windows to the shop so she could see my walk away. I tried to be as a cool as possible until I got to my car out of sight of the store. As soon as I got in, I started freaking out! I was so happy I finally fucking did it! I asked a girl out. It's the closest thing to a "cold approach" I think I've done and it's awesome. The fasting defintiely helped because I felt super alert and stuff (because you know, starving) but I'm so glad I did it.

It's so hard transitioning from college to the real world for dating. At least in college, you have something in common to talk about. Events, clubs, exams, etc. In the real world, there's no real excuse to meet people, let a lone ask them on a date. It felt good to break out of that line of thinking and just ask her out. I contacted her today so we'll see what happens. Honestly, I almost don't care if we go out or not. I have so much more confidence now that I can go out and meet another person if this doesn't work out.

P.S. I listen to two podcasts that really helped me with my dating life. The Mountain Top podcast and Tripp Advice. I'd go towards The Mountain Top if you need lengthier (50mins) episodes to listen to. Tripp Advice is really quick (20min).

2. yourmilitantworkingboy

yourmilitantworkingboy New Fapstronaut

Awesome job. Already reaping the benefits of Nofap.

3. Let us know how it went!

4. Thats great have FUN WITH IT dont be to serious RELAX ENJOY YOURSELF

Arbiter007 likes this.