One quote a day.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jk243, Nov 29, 2019.

1. fg4795

fg4795 Fapstronaut

“Allow me to give my lord one last piece of counsel," the old man had said, "the same counsel I once gave my brother when we parted for the last time. He was three-and-thirty when the Great Council chose him to mount the Iron Throne. A man grown with sons of his own, yet in some ways still a boy. Egg had an innocence to him, a sweetness we all loved. Kill the boy within you, I told him the day I took ship for the Wall. It takes a man to rule. An Aegon, not an Egg. Kill the boy and let the man be born." The old man felt Jon's face. "You are half the age that Egg was, and your own burden is crueler one, I fear. You will have little joy of your command, but I think you have the strength in you to do the things that must be done. Kill the boy, Jon Snow. Winter is almost upon us. Kill the boy and let the man be born.”

One Eyed Owl likes this.
  2. fg4795

fg4795 Fapstronaut

The one thing I would guess about the Lord of Judgment is that He probably won't blame your parents

FellowCompanion and One Eyed Owl like this.
  3. FellowCompanion

FellowCompanion Fapstronaut

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise" ~ Victor Hugo

....... likes this.
  4. fg4795

fg4795 Fapstronaut

"Forced to choose between honor on the one hand, and those he loves on the other, what would he do?"

One Eyed Owl and ....... like this.
  5. FellowCompanion

FellowCompanion Fapstronaut

"If you accomplish something good with hard work, the labor passes quickly, but the good endures; if you do something shameful in pursuit of pleasure, the pleasure passes quickly, but the shame endures" ~ Gaius Musonius Rufus

fg4795 and ....... like this.
  6. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

From The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doidge, should have read this a long time ago:

BTW, Bach-y-Rita invented a haptic system that allowed the blind to see IN THE SIXTIES. You gotta wonder how many great ideas like this gets ignored and people just don't know about it.

fg4795 likes this.
  7. engelman

engelman Fapstronaut

George Burns: 'It is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate. '

fg4795 and ....... like this.
  8. fg4795

fg4795 Fapstronaut

I have often noticed that when chickens quit quarreling over their food they often find that there is enough for all of them. I wonder if it might not be the same with the human race.

One Eyed Owl and ....... like this.
  9. Shuttersworth lazarus

Shuttersworth lazarus Fapstronaut

You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”– Dr. Suess