One quote a day.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jk243, Nov 29, 2019.

1. break the limits

break the limits Fapstronaut

Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

2. henryhill

henryhill Fapstronaut

I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. -- Jimmy Dean

AlphaGod and m4rs like this.
  3. m4rs

m4rs Fapstronaut

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

― C.G. Jung

(Credit goes to @InnerMan, he postet the quote recently and I just like it)

jar-of-clay likes this.
  4. Mahalac

Mahalac Fapstronaut

Capable people creats pleasant ambience, pleasant ambience creates incapable people.

5. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. Confucius

m4rs and yrjyrj like this.
  6. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. Mark Twain

7. Read this from Know Thyself by Stephen Fleming, it's about the neuroscience of metacognition. This passage struck me as relevant to addiction:

8. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

"Have we not come to such an impasse in the modern world that we must love our enemies - or else? The chain reaction of evil - hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars - must be broken, or else we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

9. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

If You want to be successful, you have to learn and do what successful people do. It is simple as that.
    Me

10. Sunijacob

Sunijacob Fapstronaut

It is not our business to look what is dimply at a distance but to do what is clearly at hand
    -THOMAS CARLYLE

11. Cold beyond the context of a shower. Also from Thoreau:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

"A journey of thousand miles begins with a single step"