1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One quote a day.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jk243, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Wolfyoufeed

Wolfyoufeed Fapstronaut

“Self-Conquest is the greatest of victories. Mighty is he who conquers himself”
    Bruce Lee

2. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Posted this in another thread but it's a good one:

It is no longer enough to automate information flows about us; the goal now is to automate us. These processes are meticulously designed to produce ignorance by circumventing individual awareness and thus eliminate any possibility of self-determination. As one data scientist explained to me, “We can engineer the context around a particular behaviour and force change that way… We are learning how to write the music, and then we let the music make them dance.” -Shoshana Zuboff, author of The Age of Surveillance Capitalism: The Fight for a Human Future at the New Frontier of Power.

3. One Eyed Owl

One Eyed Owl Distinguished Fapstronaut

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."-George Santayana

4. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.." -Will Rogers

5. “Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.”

6. Wolfyoufeed

Wolfyoufeed Fapstronaut

“Defeat is a state of mind; No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a state of mind”

-Bruce Lee

7. It's not the smartest people who will achieve success, it's the people who procrastinate less, make fewer excuses and take actions every day towards the goals they want to achieve.

cr7da8055 and Blues017 like this.
  8. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

"It is a misconception to think that during evolution humans sacrificed physical skill in exchange for intelligence: wielding one's body is a mental activity."
    Ted Chiang, Stories of Your Life and Others

9. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

“I’m astonished at how readily a great many people I know, young people, have accepted a reduced economic prospect and limited freedoms in any substantial sense, and basically traded them for being able to screw around online.”
    — Jaron Lanier

10. YodelAy

YodelAy Fapstronaut

Discipline equals freedom- Jocko Willink

jk243 likes this.
  11. Wolfyoufeed

Wolfyoufeed Fapstronaut

“Each one of you should know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not with greedy, uncontrolled sexual passion...” -1 Thessalonians 4:3,4
    (New World Translation)

12. One Eyed Owl

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.”― Abraham Lincoln

13. Wolfyoufeed

Wolfyoufeed Fapstronaut

“As you think...So shall you become..”
    Bruce Lee

14. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Damn good coming from a fictional work:

"Nothing erases the past. There is repentance, there is atonement, and there is forgiveness. That is all, but that is enough." Ted Chiang

15. jk243

jk243 Fapstronaut

Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.
    —Gordon B. Hinckley

Small_Sisyphus and One Eyed Owl like this.
  16. Fuck, I don't have one now.

My quote from song.

"Life planned out before my birth, nothing could I say
    Had no chance to see myself, molded day by day
    Looking back I realize, nothing have I done
    Left to die with only friend
    Alone I clench my gun"
    James Hetfield

Honestly, can't relate to it, it's just mood.

17. "Permanence, perseverance and persistence
    in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities:
    It is this, that in all things
    distinguishes the strong soul from the weak."

18. One Eyed Owl

"God bless us, everyone"-Tiny Tim

19. They say my semen cures cancer. Too bad I never fap.

The Highlight likes this.
  20. Plurmp Grertson

Plurmp Grertson Fapstronaut

“A common misconception is that action comes from inspiration like you have to wait to be inspired and then you take action, and it’s the opposite that’s true. You just force yourself to take action and you start doing something and you don’t judge yourself for the immediate results, and then through that action you become inspired, and then you get going and that’s it” -Dan Avidan

NF SINCE BIRTH and jk243 like this.