1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One thread for all PUAs (or wannabes) to share experience

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Sc8r51o1n, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Sc8r51o1n

Sc8r51o1n Fapstronaut

Hi all,

I found great motivation reading at @Ryszard Mazur posts and those made me go out and find my bar in the city, where I have my time and create a social circle. I had a beginners luck also and a hot girl hitted on me.

What I want to do is to establish a common place for all of us to share good and bad moments in the dating and socializing scene, so that we all get closer to what we are looking for.

I recommend two android apps: Vantter and PuaConversationTracker.

I invite here anyone who is talking to strangers or wish to be talking with strangers.

I also invite personally: @Ryszard Mazur (check his thread, we will keep logging there), @ae123 @frogg05 @messanger @SQTO81 @Hitto and everyone else around interested in dating.

Cheers

frogg05 likes this.
  2. CowardlyLion

CowardlyLion Fapstronaut

PUA is uh...wow. Pretty stupid stuff. Manipulating women is not a good way to get into a healthy relationship. If you want to actually date someone, find a person somewhere that you have a common interest. Don't go looking for a "hot girl" to trick into sleeping with you. That just perpetuates this disgusting society we live in.

3. messanger

messanger Fapstronaut

I read the other thread and hope that no guys force themselves on women , that is rape and cornering a less empowered individual who cant say no into saying yes is a disgusting thing .

Who cares if he gets pussy that night , yes we can get hot blooded which can be a strength , but to keep making a partner upset over and over. That is ego based. And when is ego , there is no love.

4. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Yes the ego needs to be killed

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  5. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Suggesting to someone that they should make good decisions? Who the fuck do you people think you are? Really though, PUA stuff is bullshit. "Go to bars and clubs and go for one night stands." "Use routines and scripted lines after you've assembled a peacocking outfit." You could get some "success", if you can call it that, short term but it fills your head with some bad beliefs.

sakeen, CowardlyLion and Hitto like this.
  6. rikityrik

rikityrik Fapstronaut

That's some old-school pickup dogma that you are talking about. New age pickup is all about self improvement, just as the NoFap community is. There is no peacocking involved in 2017, and no routines and scripted lines to "manipulate" girls. It is all about being able to drive out the fear that exists within each one of us to approach a stranger, let alone a woman, in intimidating social environments. It is about being able to approach, but also being respectful to the opposite sex, especially whilst getting rejected.

I get how the ego can get involved massively in such an ordeal, but, if done in a healthy manner, learning how to talk to girls can really help guys these days, in the age of social media, where we are perpetuating as a species but are growing disconnected with each other nonetheless.

The "Tinder" age is apparently helping people meet, but it is also diverting a sense of accomplishment that comes with overcoming that rush of adrenaline and anxiety that one faces when approaching that cute girl sitting in a coffee shop reading a book. It makes guys think that they are all that whilst not creating a sense of urgency to develop one's communication skills and confidence levels.

We are a collective species but isolated individuals man, and if learning how to talk to someone to maybe strike a conversation that leads into a potential relationship is not a bad thing after all.

And to say that pickup is manipulative is to take away that perception of maturity and decisiveness in a girl-to think that they can be persuaded and domesticated just by wearing flashy clothes, or reading scripted lines, is a bit of an overreach in my opinion.

7. messanger

messanger Fapstronaut

Forcing a dick into an unwilling partner...nuff said.

8. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

I agree with this. I once read a parallel between pickup and makeup. If women can use stuff like makeup to make themselves more sexually attractive to men, why can't guys use pickup to be more sexually attractive to women.

rikityrik, Empty Red Cloud and ps234 like this.
  9. Truegamer007

Truegamer007 Fapstronaut

Also, I think pickup is just a tool, how you use it is upto you. Whether for one night stands, or to find yourself a relationship.

10. Sc8r51o1n

Sc8r51o1n Fapstronaut

Good words of wisdom @Truegamer007 and @rikityrik.

I was willing to explain that I took the ideas to build attraction and to communicate interest and left behind the truly manipulative ones.
    I have my own head and common sense and I choose what to use and what to skip.
    But I also didn't feel like explaining myself.

To all the nay-sayers here I ask: if your love life and social live is all well - good job on your part. Share your life style and methods.
    If you encounter your special "about every leap year" then maybe you need to change something and learn something new.

I don't peacock, I don't manipulate, I haven't learned magic tricks and truisms and I still can't cold approach someone.
    And still I have my improvement - there are ideas and structure in the books that helped me alot in the past two years.

Last night I met a true pickup artist and his wing, I was in their set and observed them. I still like my own approach to the idea.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  11. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Looks like anything PUA related gets a bad wrap. Can we put the paint brushes down first, please?

If I am to understand that this thread is about broadening our social skills particularly with the ladies, in a respectful way, then count me in!

I want to meet and date many girls. It's no small secret that most girls have plenty of dating experience, we just want to catch up. And like most of you I assume, I want to broaden the chances of meeting a girl I really click with. No way better than cold approach IMO.

Sc8r51o1n, rikityrik and Truegamer007 like this.
  12. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Interesting seeing some other perspectives. From the sounds of it my experience with puas and pick up are not reflective of the whole community. I would still refer to it as something else like ethical attraction to avoid being associated with the shitty parts of the pick up community. Similarly to how some people, myself included, might describe themselves as nonreligious instead of atheist.

Reborn16 and Truegamer007 like this.
  13. Sc8r51o1n

Sc8r51o1n Fapstronaut

14. Superadders

Superadders Fapstronaut

Amen to that!!

I think the PUA concept is heavily misinterpreted. I have no issue with PUAs, as long as they are also overall good men who offer value to others, INCLUDING, BUT NOT JUST attractive women (unfortunately this is not always the case). Identifying as a PUA can also be an issue if you prioritise chasing women over things in life which are way more important, such as health, fitness, career, passions, social circle, family etc. Needless to say, men should not value their worth and being by the number of women they sleep with. These points are why I am reluctant to identify myself as a PUA.

I am NOT about manipulating women, using tricks to get them to sleep with you, negging etc.

I AM all about being the most masculine, most attractive and best version of yourself. I AM all about striving to frequently push out of comfort zone. I AM all about taking action to get the things you want in life. If this means developing the confidence to cold approach a random woman and escalate to dates/sex (and doing so in a congruent, non-manipulative way), then so be it.

I am happy to share my advice and insight regarding women, dates etc. I would just like to do so without all the PUA connotations.

15. fan_of_all_might

fan_of_all_might Fapstronaut

I think a lot of people here are jumping in with assumptions of what they think being a PUA to be about. It's upsettingly one dimensional.

I understand why people on this forum might get upset by the cheesy manipulative player stereotype. But actually what a lot of people don't see is what was previously mentioned, self development. Going out, practicing social skills, becoming confident around women and understanding what is appealing to them. Making interactions a win-win. Getting to know a lot of women and then deciding on the best match from a lot of good choices.

Of course there is someone who will take the information and run with it in a manipulative way, but likely they were already predatory before becoming a "PUA".

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Gotham Outlaw and Sc8r51o1n like this.