1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One year hard mode success.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Yuh skrt, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Yuh skrt

Yuh skrt Fapstronaut

I’m six days short but I dont use this site as much to remember to post day of, but in six days I will be one full year of no PMO. I joined this site in 2018 as a troubled 17 year old struggling with addiction. At the lowest of my lows, insecurities galore, absolutely awful self image issues. Suicidal thoughts in relation to PMO and past sexual trauma. It took two years and four months to from join date to this streak. Two years or streaks and relapses. Giving up and going to my old habits. Two years of misery, but despite it all I made it. Its always easier said than done and to those who may be reading this as they start their journey or to those reading this who had a slight hiccup. I assure you things do get better, it may seem easier for me to say since I have overcome it but trust me. Things do get better, to all those in the fight you can and will overcome it. You may lose a few battles here and there, but pick yourself right back up and get back in the fray. Starting this journey has changed my life for the better, while my abstinence and celibacy have led to some issues notably with my ex. It was worth it in the end, giving up this awful habit led me to gym. I went from 240 pounds to 165 in a span of under seven months. My confidence and self image have skyrocketed. Things I had struggled with in the past which is admittedly nerdy of me to admit but w/e such as talking to women has gone away. Just the confidence boost worked let alone my own physical appearance. Works a little too well haha. No matter the reason you started this journey at the center it focuses on you and only you. I started this for my self any additional benefit has been an unintended gain. Many times it seemed dark and lonely in life, but this has been a light to escape the tunnel. My spiritual life has been more filling. To those of religious communities I can not stress how much this helps. To not be held down by the chains of flesh and vice is liberating, both physically and spiritually. To any one of you who have fears of giving in don’t. There is nothing to gain and everything to lose, for those of you on your journey to 30 days right now. I mean this genuinely from my heart, I am proud of you. I am so proud you are taking on this journey of self improvement. You may have just restarted or may be a few days in, but I am so happy for you. I know you can do it. Remember why you’re doing this, be the change you want to see. I did this for me, not my current self relative to the time I started this journey. But for the younger me, the little boy who didn’t know any better, the boy who was traumatized by something he had no intent or knowing of. If I could go back in time to tell my self one thing, I’d say just how good life is. And if I had cut my journey in life sooner how much I’d have missed. I know that little boy inside me who was locked away much younger than need be smiles knowing in the end he was avenged. To wrap this up, keep going. Keep fighting, you can do this I am proud of you for your fight and now it is on you to make your self proud of your journey. I wish you all the best my friends if I do not respond right away. May God bless you all. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

2. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Please share your path more. We need to hear from those who walked the path.

3. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

Wow thank you for your story! It gives me hope. I hate this addiction so much. I just want to be rid of it.

4. impressive story really inspiring as well